[Help] Star Ocean 3 (PAL) is too slow (10 fps)
[Image: mini_752103SO5.jpg]

[Image: mini_469414SO4.jpg]

Those screenshots resume what I have (better than words)
And yes, I'm sûr it's with the GTX 660M ^^'

And i'm sure it's on High Performance. Coz I tried on my desk computer and it's exactly the same problem.

Thanks again for your help. If we can find a solution, I think I'm not the only one who will need this.

Edit : my CPU looks useless when I use Pcsx2... normal ?

Sponsored links

its completely not normal unless any of them % at the top are 95% or higher.. something outside of PCSX2 is slowing it down by the looks of things.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, under Emulator Settings -> VU, can you change both the dots at the top to "super vu" also just check the GS tab for me and make sure "synchronous GS" is not ticked.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Done. Nothing changed.
The synchronous GS (MTSG sync.) is not ticked. Sad
erm, check and make sure you didn't set a 10% framelimit on on the modes window...
BREAKING NEWS : It's possible to keep the fps between 40 and 50 for Star Ocean 3 !!! =)

For this game, you have to use Direct3D11 Software !!!

So great, it's possible to play (even if sometimes, it's a little slow at 35-40 fps).
But I think that exists another solution to work the game with a high graphics quality without an extrem PC Setting (just like the video that I linked in my 2nd post).

But, for now, I have to keep this setting if I want to play of this game... Without a good graphic quality (it looks very ugly, really...). But the most important problem is founded here Smile

[Image: mini_308190SO6.jpg]

Btw, the framelimit is not on 10%... ^^'
theres something odd about your system :|

this game is pretty quick on my sisters 3610 under hardware..........

i suggest updating the nvidia drivers to the latest beta (but not the latest whql)
Weird :s (and jealous...)
I already have the last update... (downloaded last week). :s
laptop is 35% to 50% weaker than desktop pc for gaming!!!

do not use custom screen size(huge impact on performance and gpu performance)(unless you pc is godly extreme gaming system)

use native

and last thing ur cpu is 4core? or 2core?
(09-22-2012, 06:55 PM)knightt Wrote: laptop is 35% to 50% weaker than desktop pc for gaming!!!

do not use custom screen size(huge impact on performance and gpu performance)(unless you pc is godly extreme gaming system)

use native

and last thing ur cpu is 4core? or 2core?

Man we've already told him all this stuff and he has already tried them. Read the thread before replying useless stuff. Next time you get a spam warning
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmmmm, go to nvidia control panel,go to 3d menu, go to specific settings for programs, try to set your pcsx2.exe and select nvidia gpu; probably you use internal gpu Intel.
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.