[Help] Star Ocean 3 (PAL) is too slow (10 fps)
(09-22-2012, 09:56 PM)spike1977 Wrote: Hmmmm, go to nvidia control panel,go to 3d menu, go to specific settings for programs, try to set your pcsx2.exe and select nvidia gpu; probably you use internal gpu Intel.

If you read this thread, we have already suggested this, twice ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(09-22-2012, 10:06 PM)refraction Wrote: If you read this thread, we have already suggested this, twice ;p

OK, but in the log window , what isthe videocard after "loading plugins" blue text?
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
Loading plugins...
Binding GS: D:\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (9.18.13.623)

Like this Tongue2 And I boost all option for pcsx2 via Nvidia control panel.
New information

After playing 30mins, I reboot the game and changed the setting to Direct3D Hardware + Native 5x.

At this moment, the speed and quality was perfect ! Even when I have the control of the character.
But sometimes, the fps falls to near 20 or under 10 when I move to another rooms in the game. It's really weird... And it's not because they are too many people in this room : I'm in a big room with 10 guys and it's perfect (high quality, 50 fps) / I'm in a small square room with a bed and that's all and it's freezing (very low, 9 fps).

I think we need a very special setting for this game...

[Image: mini_698766SO7.jpg]

As you can see... Big place, some people, and it's perfect. But if I take a door to a little bedroom... Trololololo Cool
[Image: mini_270723SO8.jpg]

Like this. (Trololololooool...)
looks like a throotled down CPU due to overheating.
do you have some overheating problems ? Or a kind of software protection against overheating that could lower your CPU frequency when temp gets too high ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Not at all. :s
It's always between 50°C (normal) and 60°C max. (gaming).
Btw, on the 1st screen, you can see my CPU doesn't up a lot so...

And I stay probably 10min in the big room (1st screen) and move and look around. Never speed down, fps doesn't changed.
Just a little up, coz it's very ugly to play on the Software quality ^^'

If someone found a solution... I'll be so grateful
its realy wierd tho, ive played this game on a laptop too and i never had slowdowns whatsoever, also european version...
(i7 2670qm turbo 3.1 on pcsx2 2.8ghz, yours should be around the same value)
gt555m <<weaker gpu

first off drop that internal resolution to 2x not more not less. just stay on 2x as long till you get full speed allround, i know its possible and find it strange that you dont get it :/

could you post the following settings for me?

gsdx settings (2x native!) << if any hardware hacks are enabled disable them (pretty sure you didnt have it checked in the previous page but still better safe then sorry Tongue)
gs settings (emulation settings)
speedhacks settings
gamefix settings

can help you in about 8 hours or so, pretty late here xD so forgive me if i am going to respond quite late Tongue
but if i am correct its also late at your place, france and netherlands arent that far off xD

bookmarking this btw, so that i can react in the topic when i wake up Tongue
Getting 160 FPS here at the above first 3D scene at 3x scaling....
[Image: newsig.jpg]