Help! -- Zone of the Enders
I'm relatively new to PCSX2 so this might be something easy but I can't figure it out... About 5 seconds after starting up the main game in Zone of the Enders (from the DVD) the game stops running. PCSX2 itself doesn't crash however... I tried a number of things, different cd plugin, graphics plugin, sound plugin etc. but that didn't help. The only other thing I might try is to rip the iso from the disc, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that either...

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Well, what are your Computer Specs? As well as the version of PCSX2 your running and the plugins alongside it? Zone of Enders is a semi-tough game to run, because it's somewhat graphically and CPU intensive. But, like you said, trying from the ISO is a good start. ISO's normally run much better then running from the CD. And as far as making an ISO, there are tons of options. I prefer to use PowerISO. And from there you just choose "Copy" and select what type of file you want it to be. So in this case, you would choose "ISO". Tongue
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
32 bit vista
2 gigs of ram
Intel dual core E6750 2.66 GHz
GeForce 8800 GTX

I've run other games, Monster Hunter, SMT Nocturne, Persona 4... at 2000X2000 internal rez without a lot of lag so my system isn't really an issue. Although I could use another gig or so of ram due to the vistAIDS... So I do think my dvd drive may be corrupt, and that's likely the problem... I just wanted to see if this was a common problem for other people who have tried playing the game before.
Yeah, you have a decent set up, and should be able to play this game no problem (I think?). Try running from the ISO when you make it. I was able to run the game no problems with my ISO.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
Zone of the enders is currently not working. There's really nothing you can do about it.

You'll have to wait