Help about FPS
Well just tried it with all that stuff and got fps at beggining in menu and those intros was good but when i satrted game the gfx's were missing and i was running at 20fps when i ran into a group of ppl it wud just laag and go to 5 fps. Im not sure why this is happening as i can run the most reccent PC games just fine

Sponsored links

quite a weak pc you have for dynasty warriros 5, though.

Quote:Im not sure why this is happening as i can run the most reccent PC games just fine

Maybe, but pcsx2 requires A LOT more power.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Even with my C2D 6550 2.33Ghz with SSSE3 with all possible hacks (without VU Flush to Zero because it makes geometry missing and EE x2, not x3 because it in most games make sound bad ) can't get good speeds.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
There IS a viable solution to this, but it doesn't concern the PS2 at all.

Shin Sangokumusou 4 Special is the PC version of Dynasty Warriors 5. It even has some of XL's features and MUCH better graphics and FOV than even the Xbox version. The only downside is that text is in Japanese. All the voice acting can be set to English via the options, though. I must say that it's fully playable, despite the difficulties of the language. It just takes some time getting used to.

The only major problem I see is actually getting a hold of a copy of the game. I had to import mine(back when I didn't have a PS2. And even having one, I don't regret it at all).
(02-06-2009, 03:01 AM)Matis Wrote: There IS a viable solution to this, but it doesn't concern the PS2 at all.

Shin Sangokumusou 4 Special is the PC version of Dynasty Warriors 5. It even has some of XL's features and MUCH better graphics and FOV than even the Xbox version. The only downside is that text is in Japanese. All the voice acting can be set to English via the options, though. I must say that it's fully playable, despite the difficulties of the language. It just takes some time getting used to.

The only major problem I see is actually getting a hold of a copy of the game. I had to import mine(back when I didn't have a PS2. And even having one, I don't regret it at all).

er... If the viable solution is "don't use the emulator", the easiest thing to do would be to play it on his PS2, wouldn't it ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes. But perhaps one of the main points of using PCSX2 is to play your PS2 games on hi-res. A PC version of the game would do the trick(and look even BETTER than whatever PCSX2 would be able to offer in terms of graphic quality).

I'm just saying that if he's really that desperate to play DW5 in hi-res, he could resort to that.