Help again?
Sorry guys, I'm requesting even more help. I wasn't sure whether to put this post here or in the General Support forum because I couldn't really tell the difference. I'm playing Kingdom Hearts (One) and my computer can't seem to handle it very well. I'm usually getting about 13- 28 FPS (20%-30% approximately) and I was wondering if I could make it go any faster. At the rate the gameplay is going the voices are always cracked up and low pitched. Is this normal? Is there any way to fix this up so that (On average) I can have about 50%-80% FPS quality? I don't care for graphics quality and whatnot. I'm not sure what information you need about my computer so I took this screenshot.
[Image: SystemInfo.jpg]

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored links

(06-26-2009, 05:35 AM)Sentinyte Wrote: Sorry guys, I'm requesting even more help. I wasn't sure whether to put this post here or in the General Support forum because I couldn't really tell the difference. I'm playing Kingdom Hearts (One) and my computer can't seem to handle it very well. I'm usually getting about 13- 28 FPS (20%-30% approximately) and I was wondering if I could make it go any faster. At the rate the gameplay is going the voices are always cracked up and low pitched. Is this normal? Is there any way to fix this up so that (On average) I can have about 50%-80% FPS quality? I don't care for graphics quality and whatnot. I'm not sure what information you need about my computer so I took this screenshot.

Thanks for the help.

well ur system is not strong enough to play ps2 games at full speed and more over ur using agp card i think and that is also 700gt u should upgrade ur system to at least 3 ghz processor and at least 9500gt 512mb ddr3 and 4 gb ram.
(06-26-2009, 06:01 AM)luckysingh Wrote:
(06-26-2009, 05:35 AM)Sentinyte Wrote: Sorry guys, I'm requesting even more help. I wasn't sure whether to put this post here or in the General Support forum because I couldn't really tell the difference. I'm playing Kingdom Hearts (One) and my computer can't seem to handle it very well. I'm usually getting about 13- 28 FPS (20%-30% approximately) and I was wondering if I could make it go any faster. At the rate the gameplay is going the voices are always cracked up and low pitched. Is this normal? Is there any way to fix this up so that (On average) I can have about 50%-80% FPS quality? I don't care for graphics quality and whatnot. I'm not sure what information you need about my computer so I took this screenshot.

Thanks for the help.
well ur system is not strong enough to play ps2 games at full speed and more over ur using agp card i think and that is also 700gt u should upgrade ur system to at least 3 ghz processor and at least 9500gt 512mb ddr3 and 4 gb ram.
Oh.
Oh well, thanks for your help.
I'll probably just end up playing through it really slowly.
You'll have to get the latest PCSX2 public beta (or beta 1190 preferably) and enable all speedhacks you can on it (specially x2 cycle rate and VU cycle stealing set to slight/moderate), then also get the latest GSdx and set D3D internal res to 512x512 or check the "native" option, use Lilypad as controller plugin and ZeroSPU2 as sound plugin or set SPU-X with "disable time-stretcher/effects processing" checked and interpolation set to nearest.

You can also try an older verison of GSdx like 0.1.4 or 0.1.7 maybe you'll get some more speed. Other than that there's not much you can do in your current PC.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-26-2009, 06:23 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You'll have to get the latest PCSX2 public beta and enable all speedhacks you can on it (specially x2 cycle rate and VU cycle stealing set to slight/moderate), then also get the latest GSdx and set D3D internal res to 512x512 or check the "native" option, use Lilypad as controller plugin and ZeroSPU2 as sound plugin or set SPU-X with "disable time-stretcher/effects processing" checked and interpolation set to nearest.

You can also try an older verison of GSdx like 0.1.4 or 0.1.7 maybe you'll get some more speed. Other than that there's not much you can do in your current PC.

Is the latest version of the Public Beta 0.9.6? I'm pretty sure I've got that one. I'm not sure how to enable speedhacks on this program, but I'll probably be able to figure it out.
This one and speedhacks are on "config > speedhacks" menu
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Unless I'm being dense.. We can only see his graphics card?.....

Albiet, it's AGP, so the best he can have is a P4.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
Probably but there are some motherboards that supports both agp and pci-ex x16 and more recent cpu (mine asrock could support even the latest phenom II x4).

@Sentyte: try the latest GDsx and use native resolution, in KoH: Chain of Memories I had a huge speed boost, maybe you could improve performance.
[Image: firmadisgaea1pcsx2.jpg]
(06-26-2009, 09:46 AM)DaForce Wrote: Probably but there are some motherboards that supports both agp and pci-ex x16 and more recent cpu (mine asrock could support even the latest phenom II x4).

@Sentyte: try the latest GDsx and use native resolution, in KoH: Chain of Memories I had a huge speed boost, maybe you could improve performance.

I'd never touch an Asrock lol.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.