Help choosing video card
Hello everyone, I have the opportunity to take an old office PC that is no longer used and I would like to understand if it is worth reusing it at home to complement my laptop.
Now there is Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, but I intend to add a second hard drive with Ubuntu to it.
I would like to be able to use it for PCSX2. In particular, I would like to play games like Ico, Shadow of the colossus, Rogue Galaxy, Okami, Beyond Good & Evil, Odin Sphere, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4,

The computer is an HP Compaq Elite 8300,
Intel i5-3470 processor
the ram is 8GB.

Thanks to Ubuntu I was able to play, not very well, some PS2 games on a PC with 6 GB of ram and an i5-5200U processor with its integrated video card, which in the benchmarks is inferior to that of this PC, so I think that can be done.

However, being that the computer does not have an HDMI video output, I was thinking of buying a video card that had this output in order to connect it to the monitor I have at home.

So I was thinking of taking advantage of it to give the PC an extra push, and here I need help: what should I look for, and above all, how much should I spend? is it possible to play the games mentioned above without spending too much?

Thank you!

Sponsored links

You will encounter slowdowns anyways, with Rogue Galaxy and Shadow of the Colossus
But apart from this, honestly, go for a midrange AMD GPU. (for Ubuntu)
those can be cheap and will allow you to go 2x 3x native resolution
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go