Help for Primal (Slow Speed Issue)
Hello ,

I did also some graphical improvement work with the Game "Primal" but doing appropriate tests is difficult
because this Game runs insanely slow; about 13% Speed :-(
I am quite sure i will not achieve something like 80% Speed whatever i will do but maybe 50% - 60% Speed possible ?
So someone has any PCSX2 Configuration Suggestions ?

Sponsored links

There's no fix for Primal unfortunately, it's one of the bugged games that runs slow for almost no apparent reason.
Here is what I found, don't know if it works:

----------------------------
The game is just very very slow, only way to get better speed without breaking much is going into the pcsx2_vm.ini file and set the FramerateNTSC or FrameratePAL lines to half or something (Default is 59.94/50.0), then you'll get decent speed but only do it for this game as those settings are certainly going to break other games.
----------------
Well, as Shadow Lady said, the game is just incredibly CPU-heavy. I would recommend using speedhacks until the point where the game doesn't break (and no values past 1 for VU cycle stealing), and then just change the framerate in the pcsx2_vm.ini file to whatever you are getting.
------------------------------
if alot are having speed issues why not use the mpeg hack? check to disable all mpeg vids in games and you get a high fps increase..i use it for few games and i get a 10-20fps jump..basically it stops the background processes for vids in specific games hence reduces the amount of things pcsx2 has to do. this works perfectly with alot of games like PRIMAL, ff series and more.
---------------------------------------
(01-28-2019, 08:53 PM)dhillel Wrote: Here is what I found, don't know if it works:

----------------------------
The game is just very very slow, only way to get better speed without breaking much is going into the pcsx2_vm.ini file and set the FramerateNTSC or FrameratePAL lines to half or something (Default is 59.94/50.0), then you'll get decent speed but only do it for this game as those settings are certainly going to break other games.
----------------
Well, as Shadow Lady said, the game is just incredibly CPU-heavy. I would recommend using speedhacks until the point where the game doesn't break (and no values past 1 for VU cycle stealing), and then just change the framerate in the pcsx2_vm.ini file to whatever you are getting.
------------------------------
if alot are having speed issues why not use the mpeg hack? check to disable all mpeg vids in games and you get a high fps increase..i use it for few games and i get a 10-20fps jump..basically it stops the background processes for vids in specific games hence reduces the amount of things pcsx2 has to do. this works perfectly with alot of games like PRIMAL, ff series and more.
---------------------------------------

Hmm, OK.I was pretty surprised or shocked a little bit to see 13% Speed.The Graphics of the Game are good
but not that good that it should slow down the Emulator to a minimum performance.Very strange.
I have a Sony Vaio Notebook with 4 GB RAM, Intel Core i5.Windows 7 Home Premium.
Would an Intel Core i7 improve the performance ? And how much would it approximately improve ?
My friend says that thanks to Prafull the FPS is now 100%
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-u...#pid608580
Now all is left is to fix and enable the Hardware rendering.
(05-07-2020, 06:26 PM)dhillel Wrote: My friend says that thanks to Prafull the FPS is now 100%
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-u...#pid608580
Now all is left is to fix and enable the Hardware rendering.

Thanks, that can be useful.Will test it later and if it works i can elaborate the Codes for a Patch
with improved World and Character Brightness, less Shadow etc.
More good news!
Prafull says:
Wait few days and I will post a gsdx build which will play it almost perfectly in HW mode also.
Best news ever:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-u...#pid608874