Help me configure Sons Of Liberty
Hello, 

I've been trying to configure my settings to be able to play Mgs2 SoL. I get ridiculous frame dips during cutscenes and in some demanding areas (like the tanker in the first mission). I tried going turbo during the cutscenes but it doesnt seem to help. My specs are: 

Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit
Physical RAM    =  8030 MB
CPU name        =  Intel® Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz Im running on a laptop and being plugged the CPU goes up to 2.8 Ghz
Vendor/Model    =  GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
CPU speed        =  2.399 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType        =  Standard OEM
x86Flags        =  bfebfbff 7ffafbbf
x86EFlags        =  2c100000
These are shown on the PCSX 1.4 console

GPU is Nvidia GeForce 940M
As for settings and plugins im using, see attachments.

Thank you for your time

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Fix your EE cyclerate, and Vu stealing settings. You are trying to run EE 2 times faster, making your CPU at least 2 times more work. Set both to 0, game should work fine. For use that as speedhack (only if needed), i recommend EE cycle rate -1, and VU cycle stealing +1. But that's only if game work bad on 0,0.
getting a good CPU and a good gpu + updating to latest dev build may help too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-08-2020, 01:48 PM)kozarovv Wrote: Fix your EE cyclerate, and Vu stealing settings. You are trying to run EE 2 times faster, making your CPU at least 2 times more work. Set both to 0, game should work fine. For use that as speedhack (only if needed), i recommend EE cycle rate -1, and VU cycle stealing +1. But that's only if game work bad on 0,0.

That actually seemed to help! The cutscenes are still dropping but its a bit more bearable with turbo. Thanks a lot!! Biggrin