Help me configure my settings?
Ok i know you guys probbably see hundreds of these posts every day, but let my preface by saying I DID real the offical guide and I got stuck on the very first step sadly.

I was instructed to go to this link:

http://www.gpureview.com/videocards.php?...t_type=asc

as per instruction

First, you will want to check what version of pixel shaders and DirectX (on Windows) your graphic card supports. You can do that"

I assume this list must be outdated as my hardware is not listed on it.

For future reference I will go ahead and post all of my specs here so hopefully we can get this running as optimally as we can.

AMD FX-8370E 8core 3.3ghz
8gig ram
Geforce GTX 1070

Sponsored links

What games are you trying to run?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-09-2017, 07:41 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: What games are you trying to run?

Dragonball Z budokai 3 - tried that one it runs beautifully no problems at all
Risk-Runs beautifully

Madden NFL 08 - lags really hard ~70% G.S. and has very low render distance,

Ace Combat 5-Very shakey very glitchy terrain rendering 

Bully-Havent tried yet

Midnight club 3 dub edition remix-havent tried yet

Meedal of honor vangaurd-havent tried yet
(02-09-2017, 06:46 PM)jonatron5 Wrote: Dragonball Z budokai 3 - tried that one it runs beautifully no problems at all
Risk-Runs beautifully

Madden NFL 08 - lags really hard ~70% G.S. and has very low render distance,

Ace Combat 5-Very shakey very glitchy terrain rendering 

Bully-Havent tried yet

Midnight club 3 dub edition remix-havent tried yet

Meedal of honor vangaurd-havent tried yet

I've had issues with NCAA Football, which is very similar. I tried different levels of EE Cyclerate, but I am not sure any of them made a difference. I assume Madden is very similar to NCAA, so if you happen to have figured anything out, I would be glad to learn!
I always recommend using the presets and leaving everything at default values. I have somewhat similar PC specs as you except I have an AMD FX 8350 8 core 4.0 GHz 16GB RAM and a Radeon RX 480 8GB video card and a dedicated 24-bit sound card.

I run my PCSX2 at preset 1 - safest and under GS instead of default hardware device I set my adapter manually to Radeon RX 480. Followed by Internal Resolution which I use 3x Native. The only other thing I can suggest is under speedhacks make sure you have MTVU ticked on. Other than that just stick with the presets for best results.
Oh yeah and for games with rendering problems use Direct3D 11 (Software) and set the number of rendering threads two numbers below the amount of cores your CPU has which in your case would be 6 if you have an 8 core processor. For whatever reason that always yields the best speeds in software mode across a wide range of CPU's. Software mode is slow though regardless.
Get the latest version of PCSX2 from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Ace Combat 5 has been fixed, you just have to set Mipmapping to basic in Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings.

Edit: Also do this if you get thin vertical lines:
Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, turn on "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks, and enable the Align sprite hack.
i7 6700k @4.5GHz | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB | 32GB Corsair DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 64-bit
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go