Help me pLease
Hey there!
I am having an issue where i have set up my PCSX2 (0.9.7.0) and i select my image file to run the game and I get a message saying:
"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.
Press OK to go to the plugin configuration panel.
It takes me to my list of bios' and when I change it it freezes and i have to shut down the programme.
Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored links

Well first of all update your GPU drivers and upload your specs and which games you are trying to play and also if it's from an ISO or Disc.
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 6000+ 3.0Ghz
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4650
Rams: 4GB
I am not so sure how to update my GPU drivers - Specs:
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

The games that I am wanting to play are
Neopets Darkest Faerie (NTSC) - Disk
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Unidentified region) - its a large file and all i can see is a .CUE file, .BIN file, .BIG files, .DAT file, .IRX files, .CNF files and an .IMG file... I chose the .IMG file to run it from.
help me plz i have a mac 10.9.4 and i can't get pcxs2 too work Sad
(08-02-2014, 12:21 AM)rinlovismith Wrote: help me plz i have a mac 10.9.4 and i can't get pcxs2 too work Sad

create your own thread instead of rudely hijacking someone else's, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-01-2014, 11:17 PM)mollzz Wrote: I am not so sure how to update my GPU drivers - Specs:
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

The games that I am wanting to play are
Neopets Darkest Faerie (NTSC) - Disk
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Unidentified region) - its a large file and all i can see is a .CUE file, .BIN file, .BIG files, .DAT file, .IRX files, .CNF files and an .IMG file... I chose the .IMG file to run it from.

GPU updates should be via Apple self (I don't own a MAC so I just read it on the web) most likely via an Mac update in your OS system.
And rip your Neopets disc into an .ISO and I have no clue what you did with your Harry Potter disc while ripping but I suggest re-doing it and rip it as .ISO
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 6000+ 3.0Ghz
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4650
So I have ran several updates to my mac, burnt the neopets to my computer (default extension was .cdr) and when I select to run it off that everything opens for like 10 seconds ( black screen) and then the application closes leaving terminal and xQuartz open.
When I change the .cdr into an .iso it looks similar to that of Harry Potter with all the file formats within its contents.
Cant you just get an .iso file directly from your original ps2 dvd using disc utility ?
Looked into getting an .iso image via burning the ps2 disk and you can only get .cdr.
However, having said that, you can then convert it into an .iso which looks like harry potter.
I tried running the .iso image ( 1 file which is zipped and cant unzip cause it will end up like harry potter) it opens into a black screen and then closes.
I got the script here, dont know if this will help you understand where the issue lies. I dont understand this but hope it helps.

Interface is initializing. Entering Pcsx2App:OhmynInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
(UserMode) Found portable install ini @ pcsx2_portable.ini
(pxEvtQueueTongueauseCoreThread) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueueTongueauseCoreThread) Executing... [Cancelable]
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZogl-PG: GSinit finished.
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen.
ZZogl-PG: Creating ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-lpSh9j/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl-PG: Depth 24
ZZogl-PG: You have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl-PG: Using multitexturing.
ZZogl-PG: Maximum texture size is 16384 for Tex_2d and 16384 for Tex_NV.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'No logz' hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: Initialization successful.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'No logz' hack enabled.

egmentation fault: 11
logout
Play harry potter on your ps2, it wont work on pcsx2.
I dont get that "zip" operation you described, but whateber.
I bet this .cdr format is nothing but a renamed .iso format. Means the result will be the same anyways.