Help me solve this mistery
Well, recently I've downloaded PCSX2 and I'm having two major problems with it.

1) I can't configure GS Plug-ins. Once that I click on the "Configure..." button it shows a message like this: "pcsx2 stopped working. Windows is verifying  a solution for the problem."

2) When I've tried to play Castlevania - Lamment of Innocence in that emulator, it runs in slowmotion, both audio and video. A possible solution for that issue would be configure the GS (I suppose it stands for Game System), but as you can see in number 1, I can't do that for some unknown reason.

I'm pretty sure my notebook runs PS2 games as long as I own a "Harry Potter - Quidditch World Cup" game for PC and it work perfectly fine on it, considering that this game is for PS2 platform as well and both versions (PC and PS2) have identical graphics/sounds. So theoretically, any PS2 game would run perfectly on my notebook, but as you can see, I have this "little" couple of problems.

Any solution(s)?

Some info that may be of help: 
1) My OS is Windows Vista
2) My notebook configs are: Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.10 GHZ / 3 GB RAM / 32 Bits System / Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
3) I've downloaded the x86 version of the emulator and my folder adress is directing correctly for where the pluing are (Plugin folder) 

P.S.: I own a copy of the game and console I'm trying to emulate, so there is no illegality at all here.

Sponsored links

Games designed for PC (native PC games) will always run better then an emulated version of the same game (unless the people making the PC port just did a horrible job), since it is not creating a virtual console to load and run the game creating overhead and other issues.

The answer to your question is that your system is generally powerful enough to play most PS2 era native PC games (though the integrated graphics card might give you issues on some, and none of the remastered versions will probably work), but your system is really underpowered for PCSX2.
(07-18-2017, 01:42 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Games designed for PC (native PC games) will always run better then an emulated version of the same game (unless the people making the PC port just did a horrible job), since it is not creating a virtual console to load and run the game creating overhead and other issues.

The answer to your question is that your system is generally powerful enough to play most PS2 era native PC games (though the integrated graphics card might give you issues on some, and none of the remastered versions will probably work), but your system is really underpowered for PCSX2.

Thanks a lot, dude. It is of great help this comment. As I was suspecting, my notebook unfortunally isn't good enough to emulate PS2 sys. At least I have my PS1 and N64 as solace.

Thanks again.
NP, I used to own a Core2Duo laptop myself and I remember attempting to run PCSX2 on it and it not going well. So I understand where you are coming from.
For the crash, try to delete the GSdx plugin that you can't use (i.e. AVX*).