Help me to speed up my PCSX2!
bemymonkey: Yep, CPU is too slow for that game. You get exactly what I'd expect of it.
vsub: You may get that speed, but how many hacks have you enabled? Wink

Sponsored links

(04-27-2009, 10:45 AM)rama Wrote: bemymonkey: Yep, CPU is too slow for that game. You get exactly what I'd expect of it.
vsub: You may get that speed, but how many hacks have you enabled? Wink

How many hacks? I enabled all of them Tongue2

The CPU overclocks to 2.5Ghz (running stock right now) stable - worth a shot? Or won't that help much?

Maybe I should just buy a freakin PS2...
'rama Wrote:vsub: You may get that speed, but how many hacks have you enabled? Wink

Only VU Stealing to 3(not max)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-27-2009, 10:33 AM)bemymonkey Wrote: Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a suspicion that my PC is too slow for PCSX2 as well.

I'm running an Athlon64 X2 3800+ with 2 gigs of DDR400 and a 7800GTX on XP Pro SP3.

Too slow for PCSX2? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Tekken5 runs at about 25FPS, which is way too slow - haven't tried any other games yet.

yes with yours specs for Tekken5 will be slow if you want to play that game in good speed, try to OC your cpu at least at.3Ghz, buy GPU Directx10 support and PS.4 at least then play that game in OS Vista in directx.10 mode at gsdx plugin. you will get at full fps with vucyle stealing set to moderate or slighly or/with vu skip in option.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(04-27-2009, 10:52 AM)bemymonkey Wrote: How many hacks? I enabled all of them Tongue2

The CPU overclocks to 2.5Ghz (running stock right now) stable - worth a shot? Or won't that help much?

Maybe I should just buy a freakin PS2...
Then how are you able to run PCSX2 if you don't have a PS2 to dump a BIOS from? Unless...
For my specs, see my profile.

My YouTube channel
You 2 gave a great example as to why you shouldn't compare your FPS with the ones others get.
The one uses VU cycle steal, the other uses all hacks possible.
I imagine the fps counter shows the whole span then in the same scene: 10 to 100fps
The game will still be unplayable though Tongue2

bemymonkey:
You should definitely "buy a freakin PS2", since you need one to even use pcsx2.
Your PC is weak.
------------
Kakkada Wrote:OS: XP SP2
DirectX: DirectX 10.0

I Dont understand this DX10 in XP.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
I'm not going to buy a PS2 to dump the BIOS from unless I know that PCSX2 works properly with my setup Wink... That's what I'm trying to find out. I'm thinking I might buy a PS2 and just use the TV-in on my graphics card... but that's not as practical Sad

Does PCSX2 run Tekken5 at full FPS on modern hardware (i.e. Core2Duo or Quad w/ a newer nVidia card)? Or do even those systems have problems?

If I upgrade I'd want to run 1680x1050 w/ full FSAA and AF...
(04-27-2009, 12:02 PM)rama Wrote: You 2 gave a great example as to why you shouldn't compare your FPS with the ones others get.
The one uses VU cycle steal, the other uses all hacks possible.
I imagine the fps counter shows the whole span then in the same scene: 10 to 100fps
The game will still be unplayable though Tongue2

Rolleyes I don't know why some devs are still saying that.Even if it shows incorrectly the fps I can clearly see that the game is running twice faster than without hacks.

The main thing I do on pcsx2 is looking how fast the game is running and since I have week pc is CAN really see if the game is running faster/slower or at the same speed but the fps is shown incorrectly.I have a lot of experience on testing the speed and even if there wasn't fps counter I can see if the game is running faster or slower without any software similar to fraps.

The simplest thing to try is to see how fast the character will go from point A to point B with and without hacks.
(04-27-2009, 12:16 PM)The Warrior Wrote: Your PC is weak.
------------
Kakkada Wrote:OS: XP SP2
DirectX: DirectX 10.0

I Dont understand this DX10 in XP.

it's a hacked version from KM-software but i predicted it's a fake.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel