Help on playing FFX & FFXii
Hmmm... I wouldn't configure it as Happyli says.

First of all you don't need the CPU frame limit set to "normal". With 3Ghz the game will run too fast. Set it to "limit". Believe me, with 2.4Ghz I run it full speed.

On Speed Hacks, don't use cycle speed hacks but enable INTC Sync Hack too. /This relating to happpyli screenshot)

Third, use Directx10. Your card supports it, so no need to play in DX9 mode. (In FF12 I use DX9 because it is faster for me in that specific game).

Don't use interlacing unless you need to (use F5 key ingame to see the differences and leave the one that suits you the best).

Internal resolution: Put your screen resolution for better results. Theres no need to play at 1680 x 1050 if your screen doesn't support it.

Use SSE4.1 in GSdx plugin.

You should be able to attain full speed with your rig. Don't play it in native neither, you don't need to.
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7

Sponsored links

He's using XP so he can't use DX10
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Just two things.
Enable Logarithmic Z (If you'll continue using Direct3D9 instead of the DX10).
It should solve some graphic Glitches.
And put on a 1024*768 resolution in Internal D3d (Your resolution is REALLY too high, expecially since the game was supposed to run at 512*416 on Ps2 and 1024*768 on the Workstations by Silicon Graphics)

By the way, the better advices are usually the ones from plugin developers... since they knows pcsx2 as non one...

A last thing:
I noticed, about your resolution settings, a problem common to a very high number of emulator users.
You don't want a PS2 game perfectly emulated on your Pc: You want the Silicon Graphic version perfectly emulated on your PC. Well, bad news: That's just impossible.
I would really be very happy even to have just the textures from those libraries, to apply them with the pcsx2 editor... But that's another story... for another day...

Good Emulation, as always,
The Undertaker
(05-04-2009, 09:25 PM)The Undertaker Wrote: 1024*768 on the Workstations by Silicon Graphics
What dost thou speak of?
Split your lungs with blood and thunder when you see the white whale.
Question 
hello Laugh
hmm i have the same probs as him v.v well ill put on screens of my settings maybe someone can help me x.x
PC Specs are in the Sig =)            
[Image: sysp-109882.gif]
(05-05-2009, 01:28 PM)Thalos Wrote: hello :D
hmm i have the same probs as him v.v well ill put on screens of my settings maybe someone can help me x.x
PC Specs are in the Sig =)
Use limit instead of frameskip (frameskip hampers the performance when the game runs near-fullspeed), check EE 1.5, uncheck INTC (in my case with FFX it makes it run slower) and use DX10. Not much more you can do (except more hacks), your Phenom is 2.3 GHz and pcsx2 uses only two cores, which translates to somewhere in the area of C2D 2,4GHz (or worse, Phenoms are not very good at raw CPU computing). That is, you should be able to run FFX full-speed (with occasional slowdowns), but with FFXII you may have to use cycle stealing (in newer builds). You may want to consider overclocking to about 2.8-3.0 GHz, although I've heard Phenoms are bad at OC.
(05-05-2009, 11:00 AM)idn Wrote:
(05-04-2009, 09:25 PM)The Undertaker Wrote: 1024*768 on the Workstations by Silicon Graphics
What dost thou speak of?

Oh well, i think you can't remember that period, but... well, ok.
Once software houses was used to develop on workstations, instead of PC.
Silicon Graphics it was (And it should be yet) a developers of system with powerful grafx feature.
Videogames industry was used to employ their workstations.
That's all.
It seems it was Sega with their Model series to demonstrate Power Pc are capable of develop a good game.
Sorry my english, isn't my native language.

By the way, WS aren't longer in use. Now the develop it's usually on Pc, or directly on the platform itself.
The Undertaker
(05-05-2009, 07:04 PM)The Undertaker Wrote: Oh well, i think you can't remember that period, but... well, ok.
Silicon Graphics it was (And it should be yet) a developers of system with powerful grafx feature.
Videogames industry was used to employ their workstations.
That's all.
It seems it was Sega with their Model series to demonstrate Power Pc are capable of develop a good game.
Sorry my english, isn't my native language.

By the way, WS aren't longer in use. Now the develop it's usually on Pc, or directly on the platform itself.
The Undertaker
As the matter of fact, I can and I know all this. However, I can't seem to notice any kind of connection betwen SGI, FFXII and emulation. PS2 development is/was mostly PC-based (with the possible exception of CGI cutscenes or modeling) and the game didn't ever run on anything other than a PS2. CGI rendering is another thing altogether.
(05-06-2009, 02:10 PM)idn Wrote:
(05-05-2009, 07:04 PM)The Undertaker Wrote: Oh well, i think you can't remember that period, but... well, ok.
As the matter of fact, I can and I know all this. However, I can't seem to notice any kind of connection betwen SGI, FFXII and emulation. PS2 development is/was mostly PC-based (with the possible exception of CGI cutscenes or modeling) and the game didn't ever run on anything other than a PS2. CGI rendering is another thing altogether.

Uh, boy.
I tried to make a storytell... but is really too long, and my english sucks too much. =D
I doubt anyone can have pleasure in reading it.
Please, search something around in Internet.
Leave old bearded guys as me alone... =)
The Undertaker