[Help] play
why when i start the game, the game is very slow.. help me please.. Smile

intel core 2 duo
1 gb ram
256 vga

Sponsored links

That depends on a few factors:
1. Your pc specs, mostly cpu and gpu.
2. Game, some games are extremely demanding.
3. Settings, can sometimes get you a few more fps and in some cases a lot.

You need to post these things, and be more specific with your specs.
Quote:intel core 2 duo 2ghz/3Ghz?
1 gb ram
256 vga what model?
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(06-01-2011, 12:28 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: That depends on a few factors:
1. Your pc specs, mostly cpu and gpu.
2. Game, some games are extremely demanding.
3. Settings, can sometimes get you a few more fps and in some cases a lot.

You need to post these things, and be more specific with your specs.

how to settings the fps ? sory i am 12 years old.. my knowlegde is low..
2.1 GHz
i want to play kingdom hearts 2 but too slow
Although being hard to tell the user the machine might not be able to get acceptable performance for certain task, it's unavoidable.

Your CPU is somewhat old and those 2.1GHz are normally not enough even in more modern CPU able to make more for the same clock.

We still don't know the video engine in your machine, based on the 256MB VRAM we can only suppose it is very old and on the entry side of video cards world, which by itself is a huge problem running most games on PCSX2. To worsen things, it probably is an integrated chip (I mean onboard video) and not even the most modern chip of this kind is yet good for gaming in general.

All in all, that machine may be able to run some less demanding games, maybe Final Fantasy 10 or Shadow Hearts (using software mode in this last case). But even this is not granted and still need huge usage of speedhacks.

The said game may be too much for it even with all possible speed hacks and frame skiping. Let's assume you are on the 0.98 version of PCSX2, if so, on the emulation settings, under the Speedhacks tab, try the presets, you probably will need to "abuse" it, which might lead to other issues but might bring the game nearest the "playable" point. the other thing to try is activating Frameskiping under the GS tab.

Good luck but don't get the hopes too high for now. Some things can only be solved upgrading the hardware, sadly there is no way around this at this stage of the emulation and probably will never do.
Imagination is where we are truly real