Help, please?
Sad 
I've played Fatal Frame on the emulator before and I played it laggy till I gave up.Now 2months after I feel like starting it again.The beta version with the game fix fixed the graphical issues.Too bad it lags like hell, though.I tried all the bloody speedhacks nothing changes even with all of them on at once.Is that a bug or something?I want to speed it up somehow Unsure
Oh, by the way.My System:
Nvidia 9600GT 512Mb
Intel Pentium D 2.66GHz
2Gigs of ram
Don't think the others matter as much.

Sponsored links

In the beta under CPU Hacks their is a microVU0 that you can check. For Hack GU I have to have that one enabled and microVU1 off or it is so bad it's almost unplayable. Try that and see if that makes it playable.
The opening cinematic when you start the game runs good but the audio still lags.It's real time now but skips a lot.And in-game It's absolutely the same. Sad I'm almost sure it's because of my CPU
Now with some speed hacks the sound in the menu is really fast and you can move through the menu really fast.Still the same in-game.What the hell?
Wait, I just noticed.What's the difference between EE Sync Hacks, EE Misc Hacks and VU hacks?
If you read the configuration guide you'd know what each of those options does. Still the fact remains that your CPU is too slow for most games, including this.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Guess I'll try it after whole 3 damn months when I get my i7 Sad
Your best bet is to overclock your CPU and GPU. Be careful as this shortens their lifespan, though. Overclock your CPU through BIOS, and overclock your GPU through a program (I recommend ATITool).

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.87 GHz (stock speed is 1.86 GHz), and I'm on air cooling. For CPU cooling, I'm using the stock cooler as well. I haven't bought any third party hardware, and I've got such a stable OC.

The basic idea is to raise the CPU voltage (Vcore), little by little (when your PC fails to boot) and raise the multiplier and FSB (CPU clock speed in my BIOS), and setting the memory ratio to 2:1 (lowest I have, but I believe some have 1:1).

Don't go above 1.5 Vcore unless you are sure your parts will do OK. Once you are satisfied with your overclock, check if it's stable with Prime95 for at least 5 hours (if you aren't certain if your CPU is stable at this overclock).

Try it, it will definitely help you. Just remember to be careful not to permanently damage your parts.

~duper12345
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.87 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM: 2 x 512 MB Kingston DDR2
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4

Overclocking wont do much for his CPU really, speed wont scale as much as it would on a core 2 duo because Pentium D isnt that good to begin with.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
You're right, but it would help a little nevertheless. I'm not sure how good a GeForce 9600 GT is, but it at least is better than my GeForce 7600 GT.

His RAM and GPU shouldn't bottleneck his CPU, like mine do. PR3DA7ORR, if you aren't satisfied after overclocking (if you're even going to overclock), I'd suggest you to upgrade your CPU.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.87 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM: 2 x 512 MB Kingston DDR2
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4