Help please?
To start with I'm new to this, I recently downloaded pcsx2 but I can't get it to work. I finally muddled through the configuration, bios and plugins but now it tells me to update directx. Do I have to upgrade again or is there something I can do? Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

do what's told you : update directx (latest version should be june 2010)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Here is web instaler: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
Guys I don't have a data plan, a file of that size will cost me a fortune. I already have directx installed on the pc so if that doesn't work then what version do I need and were else can I get it from, or if possible is there a way around it.
er...
directx is free... just follow the link and it 'll be ok.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-11-2011, 08:16 PM)aether11 Wrote: Guys I don't have a data plan, a file of that size will cost me a fortune. I already have directx installed on the pc so if that doesn't work then what version do I need and were else can I get it from, or if possible is there a way around it.

I'm going to guess you mean that you're on some sort of cellular internet plan. Your only other option to get the files you need might be to go to a local library and download onto a flash drive from one of their computers.
PC games developers need to think about their games running on somewhat older and newer support software (like de directx) and to have reasonable performance in older machines as well, and the development follows a strict line across a few years sometimes, so most games even the newer ones run under older directX 9 and plus.

PCSX2 developers struggles with everything which can help to enhance performance, the emulator is very resource rogue and need powerful machines and latest software to run the most demanding games.

The problem is directX is not backward compatible, newer versions bring new instructions the previous can't perform and the emulator uses them. So if windows see a certain version of DirectX is a requisite it will not allow the application to run under a lesser version and forces the update.

In that particular case, directX 10 is not just a directX 9 update, they have proper builds and each one carries it's own minimal requirements and need separated updates. DirectX 10 does not replace directX 9, they coexist in Vista and seven.

MS doesn't want XP to run directX 10 since it's one the greatest lure to go vista (early) and seven... shame on them.

The bottom line is: either directX 9 aswell directX 10 need to be at least the same build the emulator was built with.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks for the help guys, but now after I got home I made sure of my pc's specs, I have directx 11 and checked for udates but there are none for directx so now I'm really confused. Could there be another problem?
Did you check with the web installer that was linked earlier or how did you check and what did it say exactly?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i have intel core 2 duo with Radeon HD4670 n OS windows XP SP2.....i just got a problem with one game, tomb raider underworld.the graphichs is too bad.its too slow in movement of the game.any advice about this?