Help, please.
I want to update my pcsx2 (currently, r4600 because it's too damn slow at emulating TOTA) but every time I download the latest version r5350 (or so my friends say) and click on the .exe file an error message constantly appears after each click, something about an mscvr100.dll misssing or something. What seems to be causing this sudden pop up message? At first, I suspected it was because I run a windows 7 vista 64 bit (and pcsx 2 being for 32 bit systems which is a no brainer) but that couldn't be it, seeing as the r4600 worked fine the first time I downloaded it or should I first delete the the latter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and another thing... What's the best setting for Tales of the Abyss? I wanted to update the emulator solely to play this game without any major slow downs. The persistent lagging on the world map when tilting the camera, during battles it drops down to about 49 to 51 fps, and sometimes, in some towns that slows the game by a considerable amount mostly to about 40 to 39 fps is quite a turn off.

I don't know anything about computers, but this is what it says on the lop top (my sisters):

Intel Core i3-2310m, 2.1 Ghz, I really don't know if that is a powerful.

Sponsored links

Make sure you have the latest Visual Studio runtimes from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8328
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-09-2013, 05:22 PM)refraction Wrote: Make sure you have the latest Visual Studio runtimes from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8328
Wow, thanks a bunch! Never knew it'll be that easy. I just wanted to ask, by any chance, would the installation of that program have any negative effects on my computer? Sorry for asking but I'm a computer noob.
No it'll not cause any negative effect on u'r computer.
Also it's available in windows update.i think u didn't updated windows via windows update !!
(05-09-2013, 05:31 PM)ZGMF X20A Wrote: Wow, thanks a bunch! Never knew it'll be that easy. I just wanted to ask, by any chance, would the installation of that program have any negative effects on my computer? Sorry for asking but I'm a computer noob.

Shouldn't be an issue, that's an official microsoft suite of run time files.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Oh, thanks guys that was certainly a relief.

It still slow, though. Tales of the Abyss I mean. Anyone have the full speed settings for slow pc's?
unfortunately your computer isn't very powerful. A few things you could try is.

1. Set your windows power plan to "High Performance"
2. Try playing with some of the speedhacks in the PCSX2 emulator settings, try not to put the sliders too high though Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Oh thanks again. I managed to make it run in full speed though. xD
(05-09-2013, 05:46 PM)ZGMF X20A Wrote: Oh, thanks guys that was certainly a relief.

It still slow, though. Tales of the Abyss I mean. Anyone have the full speed settings for slow pc's?

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done for your CPU. It's a dual core at 2.1ghz, when most games require a tri/quad/hex/octa core at 3ghz at least to run smoothly.

You can try playing with the speed hacks or changing the clamping modes in VU/GS to none or even using the older SuperVU but that's playing with fire (in that it's more likely to make games not work).

Alternatively, you can change the options in the sound plugin from timestretch to async. This has a small potential to break games, but it makes music/sound effects play at full speed even if the game is running slow. At least to me when I had an older system, that made games much more playable even if slow.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-09-2013, 05:51 PM)refraction Wrote: unfortunately your computer isn't very powerful. A few things you could try is.

1. Set your windows power plan to "High Performance"
2. Try playing with some of the speedhacks in the PCSX2 emulator settings, try not to put the sliders too high though Smile

well.. there's also he settings I posted a while back (in my sig)