*Help required* Incompatability issue perhaps solved...
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to posting but have been a lurker for some time. I recently have managed to get all of my smackdown games working on the emulator in 0.9.6, all but smackdown shut your mouth. It seems to be a fairly known problem that the pal version of the game does not progress beyond the start screen, however I have found what seems to be a fix for the issue in this thread:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/printthread.php?tid=5933

Unfortunately, the fix by "russian" is fairly poorly explained because of his english (understandably) and I do not follow what he means.

(04-15-2009 02:07 PM)Russian! Wrote: Ea! Ea YYYEAAAAA!!

- I WAS ABLE TO RUN IT !!!!

What i will do: - i nothing udersnand in creatin patches, but, i just find in folder patches SYM putch by prafull, end change ElfFile: to my\SLES_512.83;1 , end renamed patch as my CRC D1D97A29. Thats all

Can someone understand what he means or what he has done to make the pal version work? or can anyone offer any assistance as to getting it working. I haven't played ps2 since mine died 2 years ago and have been playing all past 2006 on my xbox 360 but they suck fairly intensely and i want to rekindle the magic of the older games, of which SYM was my favorite.

Help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

(07-10-2009, 10:44 AM)Smackdown Wrote: ...
What i will do: - i nothing udersnand in creatin patches, but, i just find in folder patches SYM putch by prafull, end change ElfFile: to my\SLES_512.83;1 , end renamed patch as my CRC D1D97A29. Thats all

my translation attemp: he understands nothing about creating patches, but he found the "smackdown - shut your mouth" patch file (patches\B0AE1898.pnach) made by prafull, renamed the elffile to his "SLES_512.83;1" (no idea what he means by that) and renamed the patch file to the crc value of his pal copy of the game.

so basically, open the subfolder "patches" in the folder where your pcsx2 is installed, find the "B0AE1898.pnach" patch file, make a copy of it in the same folder and rename it to the CRC value of your game, which you can find in one of those green "LoadElfFile" entries in the pcsx2 console window right after starting the game. in his example it was "CRC = D1D97A29", so his new patch file is named "D1D97A29.pnach". now make sure that patches are enabled (check "misc->enable patches") and restart pcsx2. run the game and hope for the best Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(07-10-2009, 12:39 PM)zero29 Wrote:
(07-10-2009, 10:44 AM)Smackdown Wrote: ...

my translation attemp: he understands nothing about creating patches, but he found the "smackdown - shut your mouth" patch file (patches\B0AE1898.pnach) made by prafull, renamed the elffile to his "SLES_512.83;1" (no idea what he means by that) and renamed the patch file to the crc value of his pal copy of the game.

so basically, open the subfolder "patches" in the folder where your pcsx2 is installed, find the "B0AE1898.pnach" patch file, make a copy of it in the same folder and rename it to the CRC value of your game, which you can find in one of those green "LoadElfFile" entries in the pcsx2 console window right after starting the game. in his example it was "CRC = D1D97A29", so his new patch file is named "D1D97A29.pnach". now make sure that patches are enabled (check "misc->enable patches") and restart pcsx2. run the game and hope for the best Wink

Ok, Update : D

I followed your instructions, and to my marvel, i can now play the game.

*BUT*

There is a crippling issue that occurs in some loading instances such as after a match or right after entrances are finished (if they are set on) in which the emulator will freeze/refuse to display the game anymore (difficult to tell as it is just a black screen), forcing a restart of Pcsx2. Somehow I think this pertains to whatever was meant by changing the ELF file bit that couldn't be deciphered but I'll also look into changing my speed hacks (which I Desperately need the way they are) in order to increase compatibility.

If anyone has any idea of what to do for the elf file, please contribute to the thread because there is no guarantee the speed hacks cause any real issue but I will check in any case.

Thanks Zero29 and thanks to any others in advance who contribute.
he probably just included his disc code (SLES_512.83) in the patch file's comments, don't think he renamed the elffile. i highly doubt that renaming or otherwise modifying the elf file inside the iso image of the game disc will increase the compatibility of the game with pcsx2, more likely this modified image will crash immediately or at certain points during the game. try the latest beta revision of pcsx2 and plugins, disable all speed hacks and experiement a bit with the clamp and round modes in the advanced configuration, perhaps enabling microvu helps. that's all you can do, i guess.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(07-10-2009, 04:00 PM)zero29 Wrote: he probably just included his disc code (SLES_512.83) in the patch file's comments, don't think he renamed the elffile. i highly doubt that renaming or otherwise modifying the elf file inside the iso image of the game disc will increase the compatibility of the game with pcsx2, more likely this modified image will crash immediately or at certain points during the game. try the latest beta revision of pcsx2 and plugins, disable all speed hacks and experiement a bit with the clamp and round modes in the advanced configuration, perhaps enabling microvu helps. that's all you can do, i guess.

I think someone in the original thread offered to patch his ELF file after reading it again :s
(07-10-2009, 05:36 PM)Smackdown Wrote: I think someone in the original thread offered to patch his ELF file after reading it again :s

which he shouldnt have done as this is illegal.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-10-2009, 05:42 PM)refraction Wrote:
(07-10-2009, 05:36 PM)Smackdown Wrote: I think someone in the original thread offered to patch his ELF file after reading it again :s

which he shouldnt have done as this is illegal.

no, originally I offered to help WRITE a patch, I however need the elf itself to compare with what I have, as getting my hands on a US copy isn't that difficult. nothing illegal here Smile

(just to clarify)
(07-10-2009, 06:08 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(07-10-2009, 05:42 PM)refraction Wrote: which he shouldnt have done as this is illegal.

no, originally I offered to help WRITE a patch, I however need the elf itself to compare with what I have, as getting my hands on a US copy isn't that difficult. nothing illegal here Smile

(just to clarify)
umm yes there is. The better way would have been to ask for a short dump of the game, this way it provides the information you need with no redistributable files. Distribution of the ELF file is no more legal than distribution of the BIOS.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-10-2009, 06:27 PM)refraction Wrote:
(07-10-2009, 06:08 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(07-10-2009, 05:42 PM)refraction Wrote: which he shouldnt have done as this is illegal.

(just to clarify)
umm yes there is. The better way would have been to ask for a short dump of the game, this way it provides the information you need with no redistributable files. Distribution of the ELF file is no more legal than distribution of the BIOS.

ah.. well, I use the elf files with a hex editor to search out similarities (one of the tools not in my cheat-making guide that I use to convert them) I don't know how I'd use a dump for that
Update:

The loading glitch was caused directly through the sound plugins I was using, which do not work on PEOPS Sound Plugin, or zeroSPU2 plugin. It seems to only work on the SPU2-x plugin. My problem is, the SPU2-x plugin seems to make all of my games run much slower with time scaling on, and when time scaling is off, the audio jittering is unbearable on other games. Can anyone recommend another sound plugin to use which may improve performance without causing the annoying audio jittering.

also I found an interesting issue in that Undertakers motorcycle if it appears on the screen at any point barring his entrance, will slow the game to a crawl...which is especially interesting due to it has no effect in the following game here comes the pain.

Otherwise, I'd say this game is completely playable from start to finish on Pal and its status can be updated from...well Nothing to playable.