Help running BIOS/Silent Hill 2 .iso
I'm having trouble running my Silent Hill 2 .iso file. I don't know if it's my BIOS that's not working, or if it's my pcsx2 that's not configured right.

My computer specs:
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
- Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
- Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

About the BIOS and the .iso file:
My friend agreed to give me the BIOS file from his ps2 (2006, if I'm not mistaken) and the .iso file from his Silent Hill 2 game. He did it on Windows (no clue how he did it--he's really smart!), but he doesn't know how to do anything on Mac or pcsx2... so that's why I've started this thread lol I tried my best to set up my pcsx2 by reading the forums, but I'm still messing something up!

How I have been trying to run the game:
I'll open pcsx2 and then make sure that I have the BIOS selected in the config menu... so far so good.

(To make sure that it works, I go to "run" > "execute" and it will bring up the ps2 Home Screen, even though it still is a little glitchy. So by doing this, I think that the BIOS works.)

To run the game, I go to "File" > "Run Iso Image..." and then find where I put the Silent Hill 2 .iso file.

I get a black screen (like it is about to run, I think!) and then it crashes! Under the "bash" screen (XQuartz), I see this text:

ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZeroSPU2: recording
Offset 0xf4411000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 3911 Bus error: 10 ./pcsx2

I really have no clue what this means and my friend doesn't know anything about Macs or pcsx2, either. If anyone could help, I would be sooooo thankful!!

Sponsored links

(02-09-2013, 10:12 PM)iamanoob Wrote: My friend agreed to give me the BIOS file from his ps2

You are only legible to use this BIOS at your friends place or if your friend is with you. Perhaps you are being haunted. Laugh
(02-09-2013, 10:41 PM)pgert Wrote: You are only legible to use this BIOS at your friends place or if your friend is with you. Perhaps you are being haunted. Laugh

Understood. ...So when he comes over my place (so that he can properly and legally supervise me lol), how would I be able to fix our joint problem??
I'm using Windows so I can't help you with that.
You should however state if the problem only occurs with Silent Hill 2.
Ask your friend to bring other games next time he\she pays a visit.
(02-10-2013, 12:15 AM)pgert Wrote: I'm using Windows so I can't help you with that.
You should however state if the problem only occurs with Silent Hill 2.
Ask your friend to bring other games next time he\she pays a visit.

Will do. Asking him later today to get something else
Okay. I tried it on a Silent Hill 3 .iso file... I got as far as getting a black screen with the title "Silent Hill 3" on the middle-right part of the screen... Then, after a few seconds (of the screen being frozen like that!!), the program crashes again and I'm left with this:

loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_206.22;1
Loading from a CD rom or CD image
loadElfFile: 2922568
addr 15b88 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_206.22;1"
addr 162f0 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_206.22;1"
addr 21d58 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_206.22;1"
addr 90700 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_206.22;1"
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_206.22;1; CRC = 2498951B
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
7 amount left is 0
7 amount left is 0
Offset 0xf42fe000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 4665 Bus error: 10 ./pcsx2

Please helpa mee!!

And by the way, how do you upload images to posts?
pretty sure those 2 games are not compatible with pcsx2 for Mac...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go