Help, saving a save state crashes PCSX2PG-SVN708
Question 
Help,

I have a C2Q Q6600 with a GeForce8800GTS, X-Fi 7.1 SB, and 4GB of DDR2 RAM with Vista x86. I've been running Playground 390r166 for several months and it's run like a champ! However, I just downloaded the new SVN708 and while games work fine, any attempt to save or load a save state results in PCSX2 crashing with an APPCRASH error from module StackHash-1ACD. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored links

What do you mean about save and load snapshot? Maybe savestates?
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
(02-11-2009, 05:05 PM)Summoner Wrote: What do you mean about save and load snapshot? Maybe savestates?

Ah yes, save states.
I have SVN 708 and could not see any problem with savestates. Maybe you trying load savestate saved with different video or sound plugin? And finally try an other game for savestates working.
(02-11-2009, 07:18 PM)Summoner Wrote: I have SVN 708 and could not see any problem with savestates. Maybe you trying load savestate saved with different video or sound plugin? And finally try an other game for savestates working.

Well, if I try to save a savestate for any game with SVN708, the emulator crashes with a StackHash error. I have tried multiple games and plugins. If I use the same plugins with SVN390, save states work fine.
(02-11-2009, 07:46 PM)Ashok0 Wrote:
(02-11-2009, 07:18 PM)Summoner Wrote: I have SVN 708 and could not see any problem with savestates. Maybe you trying load savestate saved with different video or sound plugin? And finally try an other game for savestates working.

Well, if I try to save a savestate for any game with SVN708, the emulator crashes with a StackHash error. I have tried multiple games and plugins. If I use the same plugins with SVN390, save states work fine.
try savestates in this one (it's older. can't promise it's the official one though)
Saiki, you aren`t allowed post Pcsx2 builds.
Here the playground policy:

Quote:Krakatos Wrote:
It entirely conforms to the Global Forum rules:

- Warez talk is prohibited and frowned upon,to prevent legal issues. You may not post links or refer to any kind of ROM,ISO,Game that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found,the thread containing it will be closed.

- No flaming/harassment of other members.We want to keep our forums civil and friendly. If you have an issue with a member either refer to a moderator / administrator to help or resolve it via PM

- No spamming or off-topic posts.We will not tolerate posts that are either irrelevant to a thread's subject or to a forum's subject. Before posting,please try to find the forum that is most fit for your thread.

- No adult material relevant posts or images/videos. This forum has users that are below 18,thus such material is prohibited

It also includes the following points

- Specifically, there will be no talking about or asking for pirated Playstation 2 BIOS. Users must dump their own BIOS from their own Playstation 2.

- There will be no support for modified versions of pcsx2 playground, nor any link to unofficial builds. You can report bugs about svn builds, and even discuss them if there's something noteworthy to discuss, but no links to unofficial files for obvious reasons of security.

- As a result of the above point, we will not accept any bug report regarding third-party builds as we have no way to ascertain that they are unmodified builds. If you really want to try out newer svn revisions and report bugs, compile them for yourself. But third-party builds are not acceptable.

- There will be no slandering the original Pcsx2 nor any other emulator. We respect and are thankful for any other emulator out there in the net.

- No discussions about controversial, offensive, confrontational or illegal topics. This specifically includes talks about religion, politics, and racial, social and sexual differences. This is a forum about a Playstation 2 emulator, keep the discussions on topic

- No asking for release dates and no pestering the developers/betatesters/members of the project. This project is maintained by strictly volunteer work, it will be done when/if it is done.

- This forum is about the Pcsx2 Playground branch. Anything regarding the official pcsx2 should go in the official pcsx2 forum.

Please, remove the attachment before get warning
um.. that should be the official, it's NOT miodified. I just can't remember if it was this one that was the official one or if it was the other one I have, either way, it's one step back. if they want to warn me for trying to help out, that's their perogitive. I only have one unofficial build, I'm 90% sure that one isn't it though

"Another beta up.

Pcsx2 PLayground beta 681
Main changes are, God of War and Kingdom Hearts 2 are now playable. Kingdom hearts 2 requires the appropriate gamefix, same as God of War

Changelog
- God of War and Kingdom Hearts 2 now work if you use the appropriate gamefix
- New gamefix to be selected for tri-ace games. Be sure to enable both!
- Bugfix for emu crash after deleting the ini file.
- speed optimizations (as always, game dependant)
- fixes for some random and semi-random crashes
- implemented COP 2's branching instructions
- code cleanups

Enjoy "

so I have the right one there.
Only Pcsx2 staff allowed post here compiled betas if i no mistake. I just let you know.
well, if they want to post it, they can do that too, but I was looking for a link to it officially from staff and can't find it.