Help setting up PCSX2 VR/plugins!
I set everything up but can't bring up the menu with Sift *

Okay I'm trying to set up VR/side by side screens/pluginsĀ in PCSX2. I downloaded GSdx3D_Dlls_rev68m and the GSdx3D_Patch_rev68m patch files and put them in the PCSX2 plugin folder.

I opened up the emulator and proceeded to change the video plugin to AVX or Release-SSE2 like the readme file said. The ones that display the image as two screens. I started up an ISO and it displayed two screens top and bottom. But I want the screens side by side.

It says that if I press Shift * it brings up a menu with more settings. I tried this and no menu comes up. Can anyone help?

Sponsored links

(05-31-2018, 11:48 PM)legaiaflame Wrote: I set everything up but can't bring up the menu with Sift *

Okay I'm trying to set up VR/side by side screens/pluginsĀ in PCSX2. I downloaded GSdx3D_Dlls_rev68m and the GSdx3D_Patch_rev68m patch files and put them in the PCSX2 plugin folder.

I opened up the emulator and proceeded to change the video plugin to AVX or Release-SSE2 like the readme file said. The ones that display the image as two screens. I started up an ISO and it displayed two screens top and bottom. But I want the screens side by side.

It says that if I press Shift * it brings up a menu with more settings. I tried this and no menu comes up. Can anyone help?

Where did you download this plugins from ? Is it for pcsx2 1.4 or early version of pcsx2 ?
Looking at readme, you need to use * on numpad to change video mode.
It was the numpad, thanks!

Is there any way to get Oculus Rift CV1 working with this?
If you want to use VR with PCSX2, I would recommend buying VorpX instead. It only works with the DX11 renderer,. but it's pretty nice. It's also compatible with non-VR PC games.
Or if you want a free alternative, you can try "Vireio Perception" It should work with the DX9 render of GSDX.
"I would recommend buying VorpX instead. "

What if a game isn't supported by VorpX. Can you try to run "any" game on it? Or can you only play the games that are supported? Like lets say the game Beyond Good and Evil wasn't supported, could I still try to run it in VR using VorpX?
Since PCSX2 is its' own application, you can use any normal PS2 game with it and configure settings to your liking Smile

The only caveat is that the Geometry 3D mode isn't currently available, but Z-Normal and Z-Adaptive can still be used.

------------
As for normal PC games, many support Geometry 3D mode but any non-VR game can still be run in VorpX with Z-Normal or Z-Adaptive mode. I took this pic a while back using SteamVR's screenshot feature.

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PCSX2)
[Image: 20180531175752_1_vr.jpg?width=959&height=480]

Kingdom Come Deliverance (PC)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=66625]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The only caveat is that the Geometry 3D mode isn't currently available, but Z-Normal and Z-Adaptive can still be used."

What does that mean, the PS2 games played on the PCSX2, using the vr/3d plugins, won't be in 3D then?
It's still 3D, it's just how the data is interpreted to produce an output on the VR headset (to a less realistic 3D effect then the geometry mode)

VorpX has options to adjust the depth weighing to improve this as well.