Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Memory - 32 GB
Operating System - Windows 10

PCSX2 versions i tried:
PCSX2 1.7.0-dev
PCSX2 1.2.1

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my bad english.

For several days I have been trying to find configurations close to ideal for the Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.

Here's what I've tried:
Installing the latest dev version of PCSX2 (v1.7.0-dev-145-g0bf54aa6f)
Using a great cheat from Maori-Jigglypuff (link)
Different settings in built-in GS plugins, etc. (Direct3D11 hardware & OpenGL hardware)
Using third party GS plugins (Gsdx-cutie & GSdx-SSE4_VP2 which only works on older versions)
Using reshade
Using both versions of the game (PAL (SLES-54644 with cheat) and NTSС (SLUS-21452 without cheat))

NTSC version:
Same problem as in PAL version. Despite the fact that it has 60 fps, but unlike the PAL version, there is no cheat for the NSCT version that would fix such glitches as a lost forest, etc.

PAL version:
The PAL version with cheat and reshade looks great, but there is one unsolvable and one possibly solvable problem.
Unsolvable problem - 50 fps
Probably a solvable problem - when moving in the game (running, cutscenes on the game engine, etc.), eyes start to hurt. It's even difficult for me to explain what exactly the problem is, maybe the background becomes blurry, or something else, but I can't play for a long time due to pain in the eyes. I've never come across this ...

Here are the settings for PCSX2 v1.7.0-dev-145-g0bf54aa6f, the game version PAL (SLES-54644 with cheat, withour reshade):
[Image: GjnhqRb.jpg]

[Image: lc2m54h.jpg]

[Image: jFmNFe0.jpg]

[Image: 8lkoj6C.jpg]

[Image: G1mUrLU.jpg]

[Image: VvJQuBT.jpg]

[Image: Wjj8K5u.jpg]

[Image: eXfVYRD.jpg]

[Image: KvUdscT.jpg]

[Image: p3UACUj.jpg]

[Image: 3wmE1St.jpg]

[Image: 8HuKLHJ.jpg]

Here is a gameplay video. Not sure if the video shows the problem. It seems to be visible in those shots where the bulletin board on the background:

P.S. The game is not as laggy as in the video.

Please help fix this problem. I will also be grateful if you can tell me how I can somehow improve the graphics and still have good performance. I'm not very good at understanding the emulator settings yet.

Sponsored links

Lower your internal resolution on GSDX, 6x (4k) is probably too heavy for your GPU, consider 3x or 4x, it will still look great but be a lot easier on your graphics card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-03-2020, 01:22 AM)refraction Wrote: Lower your internal resolution on GSDX, 6x (4k) is probably too heavy for your GPU, consider 3x or 4x, it will still look great but be a lot easier on your graphics card.

Thanks for the reply!
I tried it with 3x and 4x native. At 3x, sharpness is very poor, especially compared to 4K. I tried it with 4x, but the problem was not solved. The problem is clearly visible when large objects (such as buildings) appear in the background close to the character. If you run away to the ship, where there are no objects (buildings) close to the character in the background, the problem is not so noticeable. Here I recorded a video (4x native).

P.S. 4x produces all the same stable 50 fps as 4K.

Sorry for the bump in the old thread. I'm actually just trying to get my VP2 to not have this weird ghosting when upscaling so i was going through this config and I may have noticed a fix for your 50 fps issue. On the GS config page, you could try disabling frame limiting as it looks like PAL region games are limited to 50 fps, based on that page.
(02-26-2021, 10:48 PM)RieveNailo Wrote: Sorry for the bump in the old thread. I'm actually just trying to get my VP2 to not have this weird ghosting when upscaling so i was going through this config and I may have noticed a fix for your 50 fps issue. On the GS config page, you could try disabling frame limiting as it looks like PAL region games are limited to 50 fps, based on that page.
that will speed the game up as well. definitely not a good advice.

An internal 60 fps patch is the ways to go
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go