Help speed up Digital devil saga
[Image: Settings1.png]

Sponsored links

ok, so i just turned the internal resolution down to 680X420
Its slighly blurry, but the game is running at almost normal speed now.
ok, so i finally got to a battle. I'm very impressed with the being almost no lag w/ the animations. that internal resolution thing really helped.

The walking around is still a little slow, and the music is better, but still "drowsy". I can handle the slow walking, but this game has AWESOME music. I would love to hear it at normal speed if possible.......
Ok!

You should try switching the Renderer to Direct3D 10. It should be better in most cases.

Your choice of 680x420 resolution is basically what is native. I strongly recommend you just check the box for native instead.

You can also manually set the interlacing, rather than cycling through the options in-game with F5. Either way, that shouldn't affect your speed, but may make things clearer or not shakey.

You could also try checking "Allow 8-bit Textures". It can be helpful when your GPU is weaker, but no promises. Smile

For the music, you could try changing the Synchronizing mode. TimeStretch will keep the sounds/music in time with the game, so the sound is as slow as your FPS. If I remember right, Async Mix will attempt to keep the sound at the correct pace, just understand that this can cause other problems (use with caution kind of thing).

All in all, it's running much better now, eh? Sometimes you may not quite get perfect gameplay all-around, but I bet it's far more playable for ya now! Smile
Quote:You could also try checking "Allow 8-bit Textures". It can be helpful when your GPU is weaker, but no promises. Smile

8bit textures is not good at all on low spec gpu's. it increases Shader load considerably as a trade off for less vram usage.
Sorry, never used it myself (hence "no promises"). Just swear I've seen several others say it can help with a weaker GPU... Smile
(05-21-2011, 03:13 AM)Rezard Wrote: Ok!

You should try switching the Renderer to Direct3D 10. It should be better in most cases.

Your choice of 680x420 resolution is basically what is native. I strongly recommend you just check the box for native instead.

You can also manually set the interlacing, rather than cycling through the options in-game with F5. Either way, that shouldn't affect your speed, but may make things clearer or not shakey.

You could also try checking "Allow 8-bit Textures". It can be helpful when your GPU is weaker, but no promises. Smile

For the music, you could try changing the Synchronizing mode. TimeStretch will keep the sounds/music in time with the game, so the sound is as slow as your FPS. If I remember right, Async Mix will attempt to keep the sound at the correct pace, just understand that this can cause other problems (use with caution kind of thing).

All in all, it's running much better now, eh? Sometimes you may not quite get perfect gameplay all-around, but I bet it's far more playable for ya now! Smile

Omg dude, that 3d10 change made all the difference XD.
u are oficcially my Hero, and u rock ^^\
the sound is still juuuuuuuust a little slow, but i'm not haveing graphic speed problems anymore. FPS is now at a solid 53-57 in AND out of battle XD. I tried your sounf suggestion, but it actually made the sound worse Sad

Thanks for the help on the speed tho ^^\
seriously, i couldnt thank you enough. I've been wanting to play this game forever ^^
Your response makes it very worth while. Biggrin

Enjoy your game, good sir!
(05-21-2011, 04:29 AM)Rezard Wrote: Your response makes it very worth while. Biggrin

Enjoy your game, good sir!

Ty ^^
One more thing. I'm also tryin to get Burnout 3 to run. The game does fine, until i start racing. Its super, super ,super slow. I'm guessing i may not have a good enough processer to run it or somthing. Any ideas?
Well, I don't know Burnout 3, but I wanna say that's one of the games that truely needs software rendering at this time. Some games will run in the single digits on my system (OC and all), but as soon as I switch to software mode... Bam! It's a whole different story. Smile

But, yeah, software rendering is very CPU intensive. It uses your CPU to process everything, including what your GPU would have been. (GPU is irrelevant in software mode)