Help with D3D upscaling in Ar Tonelico 2
The game works fine, I just have a persistent graphical glitch that's bugging me. And I'm certain the solution is going to be either really simple, or completely impossible. I don't really mind either way, I'm more curious than anything else.

Some specs:
pcsx version: beta-976 (To solve the screen splitting problem in GUST games. I get the exact same error in v0.9.6 however)
graphics plugin: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.00GHz (running at 3.60 at the moment)
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

Please let me know what I've forgotten to include that might be necessary Tongue

The problem is this: When I set the D3D resolution to "native", the FMVs have a vertical line problem; they look as if some of the lines are moved down, making the entire video distorted. It's viewable, just quite ugly. I don't have that problem with the ZeroGS plugins, but I have a whole host of other problems, so I don't use them.

Here's where it gets kinda weird. If change the D3D resolution, it removes solves the FMV problem, but it makes characters faces off-centre on their portraits when they're talking. It looks as if a square is drawn around their face, and moved 3 or so pixels to the right and down.

I've tried setting the D3D resolution to a whole bunch of settings: the default 1200x1200, 1280x1024, 4096x4096 (hot damn that one's pretty!), and the PS2's native 640x400 (that one crashed). All of them have the exact same problem.

I know, I'm asking for the best of both worlds: the characters to look good running in native resolution, and the video fix by running it in a non-native one.

I tried putting a pixel-offset in the GSdx .ini file, but that was really more of a shot in the dark. (of course, it didn't work Tongue )

I'm really scratching my head here, though I'm more interested in solving the mystery than getting the game to play perfectly. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Please also let me know if I left out any vital specs.

Sponsored links

It's something that just has to be dealt with for now until a better way to handle upscaling is figured out.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I only tested the beginning so far, it seems to run fine ((No problem with the FMV (the two openings) as well as the character)).

I was running under native resolution using the latest gsdx plugin (r1763) as well as the latest stable beta (1474).

I am not sure if the screensplitting problem will still occur, however i am postive that it will not (Tried with Ar tonelico 1 and there was no problem with the background).
Yes, well, he said the problem was when you use a resolution that is higher than the native resolution.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.