Help with Dragonball Z tenkaichi 3
(05-20-2011, 02:34 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Skipdraw is the single more difficult hack to use, that is because it remove an entire layer from the frame. If it was, let's say the whole HUD, it would be immediately perceivable.

Suggestion to use skipdraw need to be very specific (with the number clearly defined) and "game directed", it's never a general hint. One example where it's use is positive is setting it to 3 to remove those annoying vertical black lines on the 3D sprites ON Xenosaga ep1... but would be an invalid hint to another game. The same goes for the video cutscenes on Xenosaga 3, where setting skip draw to 4 remove the graphics glitches on hardware mode.

PS Edit: Anyway it's the kind of hack unreliable in between emulator's builds, what works on certain version may not be valid in another version of the emulator or introduce more problems than solve them.

I tried with Skipdraw 0,1, 2 or 3, but glitches in Dragon Ball remains.
My PC: i5-3570K, 8 Gb DDR3, GTX295, Windows 7 Home Premium 64.

Sponsored links

Sorry I can't help in this specific case, how I said, skipdraw use is game specific and I don't have that game and can't test. But the number of layers is big, you could test at least until 9 for most games with different results. Still there is no warranties skipping some layer will help at all for certain game.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks for the help guys, I am not able to find Skip Draw though, and I don't know how to enable allow hacks as I cannot find the ini file. The reason why I didn't post a screenshot of my settings was because It was all by default, I installed it then I didn't change anything.
You should at least change the GSdx plugin to match your CPU's capabilities (Modern Intel's support SSSE3 and SSE41, and AMD's only have supported SSE2 until Bulldozer).

Also, navigate to the all important video settings located at:

◦ Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings...

Typically, you should change the Renderer to Direct3D 10 or 11 (if applicable). This is also where the hidden hacks (Skipdraw, etc) will appear when enabled. You can read how to enable them in the Configuration Guide. In the Graphics plugin configuration section, scroll down to the "Hacks Subsection". Wink

To instruct you further, you must navigate to the location of PCSX2's inis folder.

If you installed PCSX2 with the installer, your default inis folder location is in the "PCSX2" folder in your "My Documents" folder.

If you extracted the binaries, the default location is right where you extracted it.

Find the GSdx.ini file, and open it with Notepad. Put the following directly under the last line:

allowHacks=1

Save changes when you exit.
Thank you. I tried the skipdraw and it doesn't work. I switched direct11 hardware to software and the flickering goes away but now the frame rate slowed down to 32 fps, where when it is on hardware it flickers but the frame rate is 59-60 fps.
try using the Alpha Hack too. it removes the flickering but in special attacks like kamehameha, flikering might be back. If not, then use the GSdx 0.1.4 in Hardware mode.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
yea the Alpha hack worked great, Thanks