Help with FFX framerate
(09-19-2013, 03:47 PM)susanoo21 Wrote: Use k10stat and overclock to 2.3ghz.

Use a screwdriver and upgrade your RAM to 16GB.

^
That's about how useful your comment was.

Sponsored links

It should be fine enough for FFX. I'm using an AMD A8 3500M (1.5 Ghz) myself and it runs far more demanding games at playable speeds. Try enabling the recommended speedhacks from the emulation settings first, and then try increasing them further if the speed's still not enough (such as setting EE cycle rate to 3x and VU cycle steal to "light"). Also enable the MTVU hack since you're running a quad core and there is no harm in enabling it.

I mean I used to run FFX without speedhacks on an Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 ghz back in the day without it chugging anyhow, the emulation requirements can't have risen that dramatically since then and frankly I believe people are overstating the requirements most of the time with saying that you absolutely need a 3.0+ ghz i5 or i7 to run games. If you use speedhacks smartly you can play ***** of games even on a mediocre PC.

If you're not using it already, also make sure you are running the game in DX11 Hardware mode in the Gsdx plugin settings, it may have defaulted to DX9.
(09-19-2013, 04:06 PM)Finzy Wrote: Snip

This helped out a TON. The game is a bit distorted and some things, like the music and voices move much quicker, but it's a far more enjoyable experience than the lag fest.

Thank you! Smile

Edit: I'm also having moments where I'm clocking in 110+ fps and that's the cause for the game to move much quicker. Is this normal?