Help with Game speed
Okay, so before we get into this, let me just point out some things. I'm a total newbie when it comes to modding emulators and stuff. I need instructions to tell me what to do. So please, don't hold this against me.

That said, here is my problem. I got the latest build of pcsx2 downloaded today and i'm really wanting to play Final Fantasy X. I know my laptop is powerful enough to play this game perfectly and without the speedhacks, since my last laptop was able to do so, but playing on my current one makes it all slow. I hope this is just a problem with configuration and/or plugins, but I want to be sure. Can anyone tell me how to get this working?

Here are my computer specs...i think. If these aren't the right ones, then please let me know where to find them. Again, i'm a newb at this kind of stuff.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.09F.20
Processor: AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5610MB RAM

Sponsored links

Hi there. I am wondering if your last laptop was Intel? Intel leads the race for performance on PCSX2 by a long shot so that could definitely be tripping you up.
On another note it doens't help that you're using an integrated graphics apu.
Now for some info you can actually use..
Give a look at this thread from support. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-framerate-problem Follow the instructions there to try out the latest SVN build of PCSX2 and test out the MTVU speed hack. Good luck.
Edit: Another culprit if your new laptop is about the same as your old one you should grab the build version that you used then. With updates to the emulator things can slow down as they are emulated more correct.
(09-20-2011, 01:10 AM)Hellraiseradio Wrote: Hi there. I am wondering if your last laptop was Intel? Intel leads the race for performance on PCSX2 by a long shot so that could definitely be tripping you up.
On another note it doens't help that you're using an integrated graphics apu.
Now for some info you can actually use..
Give a look at this thread from support. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-framerate-problem Follow the instructions there to try out the latest SVN build of PCSX2 and test out the MTVU speed hack. Good luck.
Edit: Another culprit if your new laptop is about the same as your old one you should grab the build version that you used then. With updates to the emulator things can slow down as they are emulated more correct.

Thanks for replying!
To answer your question, My last laptop was not an intel. It was an ASUS with a duo core processor. I can't remember it's spec or anything

As for the actual help. Thanks i'll try that out.
Okay, I've used the settings that i've seen in the thread you linked to me and I threw in all of the speed hacks. So far, the game is flowing normally with only very tiny moments of very tiny lag, kind of annoying, but definetly not that big of a issue anymore, so thanks!
Glad it helped. Smile
Are you using the preset slider for your speed hacks? Too many speed hacks can cause adverse effects. You should actually try it first with just the MTVU hack ticked.
Edit: then if thats no good try just the preset slider, untick the slider after your done and check MTVU. I don't think it's included in the preset.
(09-20-2011, 02:06 AM)Hellraiseradio Wrote: Glad it helped. Smile
Are you using the preset slider for your speed hacks? Too many speed hacks can cause adverse effects. You should actually try it first with just the MTVU hack ticked.

I'm actually not using the slider. I have all of the check mark hacks checked, but the two hacks that have the slider, I never touched, and now the game is running PERFECTLY!!!
Sweet.