Help with God of War 2
(02-07-2010, 03:35 AM)leviathon6425 Wrote:
(02-07-2010, 03:11 AM)mroussev Wrote: Try with this *removed*

it resolved the image problem, thank very much for taking the time to upload. If you dont mind me asking but does it matter using sse2 gsdx even if my cpu is sse4 compatible... i know my cpu is as well sse2 compatible but does sse4 run better?

Well,are u saying about hacked plugin?I have tested it.It remove foggy problem but cause great problem to other games.Do not even think of it for other games plus it reduces actual graphical quality of god of war 2 even.
Compare this with software mode,you will find difference.I think,next version
is going to be free from that problem.

Sponsored links

hello again !

With GSdx 1076m i've still the same problem. Sad

http://www.bilderhoster.net/safeforbilder/27v3zc1z.jpg

Pls help guys.
Check native in GSdx or live with it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Problem solved with that link. Smile
*removed*
Thanks for spreading hacked/modified crap of PCSX2 which are illegal. Link removed, next time you get warned.
To Bositman:
ha ha ha,u are really a funny man.We are giving thanks to him!BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Anyway,I do not have a expert level of knowledge of pcsx2.Could someone explain a little bit why this thing occurs.I mean,in case of that plugin,fog removed,how this occurs?

P.S.if problem,someone can PM me about that.
1) The double vision problem is caused by setting an internal resolution other than native. I'm not sure if the new scaling option in GSdx fixes that but probably not
2) The 'fog' bug is solved by adding the CRC of the game in the GSdx source. There is a special fix for it, so when GSdx searches the CRC list and finds your game, it removes the fog fixing the bug. Since there are so many pirated/modified versions of the game out there, there are equal different CRCs.
So people who have even slightly modified games than the originals will have a different CRC, thus GSdx does not recognize the game and does not apply the fix. These hacked builds probably have the fix enabled without checking for CRC, meaning it's on for ALL games which will cause all kinds of issues (since this is a specific fix for God of War ONLY)
(02-07-2010, 05:42 PM)Bositman Wrote: I'm not sure if the new scaling option in GSdx fixes that but probably not

No i tried,didnt fix the problem.Only solution for normal picture is the modified plugin.
I have searched the forum, and I found many results, most stating that I can either use an unofficial GSDX plugin , or I can just set the resolution to native.
According to Bositman the CRC list of GSdx is modified,I don't want to use any unofficial not supported rev of the plugin.
so my question is, can I temporarily edit the official plugin so that it fixes the 'fog' effect ?
Edit: Also Kratos keeps disappearing but it's only for like 5 frames then he comes back, but it's a continuous thing.
he keeps disappearing then appearing again, so it's kind of annoying, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about it.

Thanks in advance!