Help with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + settings?
Hey guys, i'm new here to PCSX2 and also to the emulating business. Like any fellow Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy fan, I have been dying to play the Japanese exclusive games, and found this to be my only alternative to play them. Now, I finally have KHII:FM+ and have no idea what settings I should place for it to run the best it can. I have started out the game, everything seems OK until I hear Haley Joel Osement speak and he sounds like he is on dope. Can anyone help me?

Here are some of my specs (I can post anything you guys need so that you can help me resolve this question):
Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 1023 MB
CPU name = Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 01)
CPU speed = 3.014 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000441d
x86EFlags = 00000000

If anyone can help me with this, thank you so very much, and like I said, if you need any more information posted to help me, I will do my best to get it for you! Merci!

Sponsored links

First off use the latest 0.9.8 release (it includes the plugins you need). You should know that your CPU is pretty low end for PCSX2 and you will have trouble getting good FPS in most games. You didn't mention your graphics card but I assume it is as old as the processor, so more bad news for you. Start by ticking 'native' in GSdx configuration and setting the preset slider in the PCSX2 settings to position 1 or 2. See if that helps your speed any, but I don't think you'll be able to pull off full speed in KHII with that PC
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Weak CPU and I guess your GPU is weak too.

Better keep playing it on your PS2 or time to get a decent PC.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
@Bositman: I do actually have 0.9.8. And I don't really know how to identify my graphics card. I can try to see if your suggestions will help. Would also possibly know if I would be able to play any other games (Like Final Fantasy X PAL or Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission)?

@jesalvein: Unfortunately due to money circumstances, my family can't afford a new PC and my laptop is definitely unfit to play such a emulator. Plus, I actually have no idea how to play it on my PS2. I like all North Americans, have the American PS2, and all I have is the ISO of KHII:FM+ thanks to an exceptionally wonderful pen pal. If you know any way I could possibly put it on a CD/DVD (I do have Roxio) and then play it on my PS2, I would thank you for the advice.

Thank you both. Also would you guys recommend a PC that would be able to support playing the PCSX2 emulator without any major issues?
Quote:all I have is the ISO of KHII:FM+ thanks to an exceptionally wonderful pen pal

then you don't own the game legally.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go