Help with Mortal Kombat Deception
Hi all,

Is there any workaround to screen issue in MK Deception? It looks like the image below.
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/images/1/18/Mortal...orum_2.jpg
I am running it in 4x native, 16:9. I have downloaded the widescreen fix and put it in cheats folder and turned on enable cheats and enable widescreen fixes. This is what it says in my console:
Code:
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: USA     v02.20(10/02/2006)  Console
    BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_208.81;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_208.81;1) Game CRC = 0x7C22850A, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_208.81;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
Overall 0 Cheats loaded
Found Widescreen hacks file: '7C22850A.pnach'
comment: Widescreen fix by nemesis2000 (pnach by nemesis2000)
Loaded 13 Widescreen hacks from '7C22850A.pnach'
Overall 13 Widescreen hacks loaded
However it still looks like the image above. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: It displays fine in software mode, but the quality is obviously nowhere near as good Sad

Sponsored links

Try using an custom resolution and check whether the problem persists.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
That did the trick!
Thanks alot!
Yeah, this game had some problems with the native scaling resolutions. For unknown reasons, having a custom internal resolution fixes it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-06-2015, 08:11 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, this game had some problems with the native scaling resolutions. For unknown reasons, having a custom internal resolution fixes it.

Would the problem persist if you set the resolution to, say three times the native resolution (1920x1344)? I don't mean auto-native scaling, I mean actually setting the custom res to that.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
The native resolution for the games are not always same , they are different for most games. Custom resolution just sets the desired resolution without taking the native resolution into consideration.

Maybe the scaling for the native resolution is not proper in this game. I'm not sure about the solution to your question, you should probably test it out Wink
- Refraction
(04-06-2015, 08:22 PM)ssakash Wrote: The native resolution for the games are not always same , they are different for most games. Custom resolution just sets the desired resolution without taking the native resolution into consideration.

Maybe the scaling for the native resolution is not proper in this game. I'm not sure about the solution to your question, you should probably test it out Wink

Nyeh, you're probably right. Not many games ran at 640x448, did they?
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do