Help with PCS2X
Hey I read the gudielines and how to install the game and I copied the ISO to the computor and the games work but there really slow. So I came back here and read the diffrenreces from a pc and a PS2 and read about other stuff consering the problem. So I was wondering if any one knew any way to speed it up? I have a due(or Quad) core with a Nivada Gforce 7800(or something really high like thatWacko) I have 8 gig of ram and a 4.5 proseser.

Sponsored links

Geforce 7800 is correct. But your rest info looks pretty wrong. Go to My computer-> Properties and tell us what kind of speed/model your processor is and if it is dual core or quad core.
Also tell us which games you are trying to play.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Okay here's some better info. My computor is a Cyberpower, recommended for gaming.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400(2.66GHz).

Processor Main Features = 64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Cache Per Processor 4MB L2 Cache

Memory 8GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800

Hard Drive 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD

I hope that helps. I'm trying to run Need for Speed two hot pursuit.
What game(s) are you playing? Some are very intensive and probably wouldn't work full speed on your CPU without some overclocking.

Other games should run perfectly fine on your system though. Unfortunately since the 7800 isn't a directX10 card it's not quite as fast and some games may have minor graphic glitches.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Right now I'm just running Need for speed hot pursuit but I would like to try Kingdom Hearts as well.
Not sure about the specific requirements of those games, but in general, your graphics card is on the weaker side and your quadcore is clocked a little low (since PCSX2 only uses 2 cores maximum).

Oh, and though this doesn't affect your performance:
Quote:Memory 8GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800
2x2GB makes 4GB, not 8GB RAM...
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(09-26-2009, 11:38 PM)HonorforONEFIlms Wrote: Right now I'm just running Need for speed hot pursuit but I would like to try Kingdom Hearts as well.

From what I remember, need for speed games are very CPU intensive and require a 3.5+ghz processor. Kingdom hearts should run full speed on your rig though.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-27-2009, 12:23 AM)Koji Wrote: From what I remember, need for speed games are very CPU intensive and require a 3.5+ghz processor. Kingdom hearts should run full speed on your rig though.
Score! Thank you. I really want to run Kingdom Hearts.
So kingdom hearts is slow too? Post which PCSX2 and plugins you use and their settings
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-29-2009, 02:45 PM)Bositman Wrote: So kingdom hearts is slow too? Post which PCSX2 and plugins you use and their settings
Actually I have yet to try Kingdom Hearts. I downloaded a video that tells you the best settings to have the emulator on and then I realized that I was running 0.9.1. Hopefully I should be able to get the settings right now. My computer could run Assassin's Creed at max without a glitch so hopefully it should work.