Help with PCSX2~
Hello there,

I recently put up a question in Yahoo Answers about my specs and why cant I seem to be able to play Suikoden III/IV in top speed.

Specs:
Intel ®
Pentium ® 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz (Which I think is Single Cored)
3.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension
Nvidia 8800 GTS/GS (Not sure.)

System:
Microsoft XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Now, the response I got from Yahoo Answers was that my specs are low, but I would be able to pull off a playable speed for Suikoden III/IV
with the right configurations.

I'm pretty sure I cant play Suikoden III/IV because my processor is single cored but this response states I could do it with the right configs.

So far my configs are..

Configuration :

Graphics:
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00,SSE2) 0.1.14

Sound:
SPU2-X 1.1.0

Dev9:
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0

GSDX:
Resolution : Windowed
Renderer : Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Shader : Pixel Shader 2.0
Interlacing (F5) : None
Aspect Ratio (F6) : 4:3
D3D Internal RES : 512x512
Native : Unchecked
NLOOP Hack : Unchecked
Texture Filtering : Checked
Wait vsync : Unchecked
Enable tv-out : Unchecked
Logarithmic Z : Unchecked
Alpha Correction : Checked

With Suikoden 3 I get 33fps (cutscenes) and 22fps (in-game)
Same goes for Suikoden 4.

My two questions are:

What am I doing wrong with my configurations?

If in fact, my computer cannot play Suikoden 3/4 no matter the configs, what should I purchase that would dramatically increase my PCSX 2 speed with Suikoden 3/4?

Sponsored links

Don't trust everything you read on the internet. You should always ask in the source (IE here) versus some place with some proclaimed experts.

First things first, update to the latest beta (1888) from the beta thread on the forum. Then try a selection of speed hacks. You may be able to get as much as twice that speed with those 2 things... but I highly doubt you'll get full speed.
[Image: 2748844.png]
It's a P4 with no hyper threading. Last time I check, P4's are all single core...unless you count the Pentium D. In any case, you'll need a decent core 2 duo if you want playable speed. Your GPU doesn't help much either. GTS/GS are basically the "lemon" of NVidia's 8800 series.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
(09-26-2009, 09:59 AM)dr_thrax Wrote: GTS/GS are basically the "lemon" of NVidia's 8800 series.

Not quite true, since the revised 8800GTS 512mb is slightly more powerful than the 8800GT, as opposed to the initial 320/640mb versions.

But yeah, you'll want a decently clocked dual core CPU for PCSX2.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]