Help with Pcsx2 Settings plz :)
Hi guys im running a iProcessor AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 2600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
with a gtx 285 ocx graphic card 4 gigs of ram and windows 7. Im having problems running games at 60 fps while i seem to be running them around 21 and lower. Any feed back or help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-30-2014, 07:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Hi thanks for the response! I'm using version 1.2.1 and its an iso file. Also im playing shadow of colossus. It seems even the slightest part of gameplay drops my fps quickly... im not sure if its the game my comp or my emulator settings. I'm pretty new to it
you can try to increase vu cycle stealing. but i wouldn't expect much with such an old pc...
better keep playing on your PS2
(04-30-2014, 08:09 AM)Irishchump Wrote: Hi thanks for the response! I'm using version 1.2.1 and its an iso file. Also im playing shadow of colossus. It seems even the slightest part of gameplay drops my fps quickly... im not sure if its the game my comp or my emulator settings. I'm pretty new to it

what jesalvein means is what are your computers specifications Smile

theirs some tools to tell you what they are in my signature (in-case you don't know)
they are free, and when you've finished with them you can just delete them Wink

if i remember correctly that game is very demanding on your processor, hence why your asked about what your computer has in it

:EDIT:     hm i haven't got my glasses on i just read what i replied to sorry

and ye like jeselvein said you might struggle with that processor
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
(04-30-2014, 09:01 AM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: what jesalvein means is what are your computers specifications Smile

theirs some tools to tell you what they are in my signature (in-case you don't know)
they are free, and when you've finished with them you can just delete them Wink

if i remember correctly that game is very demanding on your processor, hence why your asked about what your computer has in it
read the op, please.
actually that put me up to 60 fps easily. Game runs smoothly now... but im not sure as to how far advanced i should try maxing my settings. Thank you for that Smile
(04-30-2014, 09:18 AM)Irishchump Wrote: actually that put me up to 60 fps easily. Game runs smoothly now... but im not sure as to how far advanced i should try maxing my settings. Thank you for that Smile

don't try anything else.
Setting Vu cycle stealing to 3 is quite an agressive speedhack and may cause many crashes. Except for very few games, and SotC is one of them.

I just hope you're not expecting playing some of your other games with this PC. you'd be disappointed.

Oh, and BTW.
The fps counter is faked when using speedhacks and you're not really getting 60 fps Wink
lol ah... yea i know emulators take a lot of power to run them... my comp maxes just about any pc game out but emulators is one thing. I do need to look into a faster processor dual core just doesnt cut it these days! Thanks again for your help Smile