Help with Plugins and Computer specs
Hai everyone. I've just about configured the PCSX2 0.9.6 emulator. I'm just stuck at the sound configuration. I've downloaded the SPU2-X 1.4 and put it into my 'Plugins' Folder'.
Now, when I open up PCSX2 and press configure, I can't find the plugin on the 'Sound' dropbox. When I looked at the Ps2 Output, it displayed:

Plugin load failure: plugins\SPU2-X.dll
SysLibError Message: <NULL>

I really want to fix this, since people say it is the best sound plugin as of right now. And the sound is extremely choppy when playing a game.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Also, Can anyone please tell me if my computer is fast enough to run PS2 games like 'Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4'? Cause it runs at 60 FPS when nothing is happening (Still pictures). But when text pops up and animations, it goes down to 24FPS. 30FPS also seems to cause noticeable lag.
Here are my specs:
- MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
- Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz
- 4.0GB RAM
- Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (This is the display driver I believe)

I also want to know if my plugins are good or if I have to update them. Here are my PCSX2 Plugins:
- Graphics : GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14
- Sound : SPU2-X 1.1.0
- Cdvdrom : Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0
- Dev9 : MegaDev9 plugin 1.0.1
- USB : USBnull Driver 0.5.0
- Firewire : FWnull Driver 0.4.0
- Bios : USA v01.160 Console

Just want to know if my computer can run PS2 games smoothly and a way to optimize it so it's not as choppy/laggy AND whether or not my plugins are good. Thanks.

Sponsored links

You need to update your directx and you may be missing a file that's missing from the latest beta plugin pack.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

You have a slow CPU and a very slow GPU so you shouldn't expect great speed on most games, however depending on the games they could run fine.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-17-2010, 06:05 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You need to update your directx and you may be missing a file that's missing from the latest beta plugin pack.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

You have a slow CPU and a very slow GPU so you shouldn't expect great speed on most games, however depending on the games they could run fine.
Thanks for the reply. My DirectX was already updated. And I updated my plugins. My Display driver crashes when I use the 'Direct3D10 (Hardware)'. So i'm forced to use the direct3d10 software renderer. Do you think I would be able to get faster fps speed if I could somehow make the hardware renderer work?
An increase is possible, but by how much I won't be too optimistic if I were you.

In any case, just try the link for DirectX that ShadowLady gave you; some people still think having bigger DirectX number like 10 > 9 means it's the latest one when most of the time it's not.
Did you install the February 2010 DirectX runtime?
You might also want to look for an update for your gfx chipset; don't rely on Windows Update too much for drivers.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
(04-17-2010, 10:47 AM)k1net1cs Wrote: An increase is possible, but by how much I won't be too optimistic if I were you.

In any case, just try the link for DirectX that ShadowLady gave you; some people still think having bigger DirectX number like 10 > 9 means it's the latest one when most of the time it's not.
Did you install the February 2010 DirectX runtime?
You might also want to look for an update for your gfx chipset; don't rely on Windows Update too much for drivers.
Thanks. The link ShadowLady gave me, when downloaded and during installation, had told me my DirectX was either higher than or up to date. I googled and installed the Febuary 2010 DirectX runtime and it installed.
I will try looking for an update tomorrow for my gfx chipset. Is that my display driver? Or something else?
Yup, it's your display driver I was talking about.
And I'm guessing you're using a laptop?
Then you might want to look for an update on your laptop manufacturer's site first and then on Intel's site.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.