Help with Resident Evil 4 Sky Texture :(
(07-19-2013, 09:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: tried pressing F9 ?

(07-19-2013, 09:56 AM)MaliciousVirus.EXE Wrote: also i want to add that if i change my plugin setting to Dired3D9 (Software) it looks fine but it runs really slow....

@op set extra rendering threads to 3 in video plugin setting for software
mode,it'll give u some speed !

Sponsored links

well F9 does bring up the textures but it still looks fuzzy in full screen anyway to fix that?
"fuzzy "? any screenshot ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-19-2013, 10:29 PM)jesalvein Wrote: "fuzzy "? any screenshot ?

sure ill attach it. To me it looks like its a small resolution picture stretched accross my 1920 x 1080 screen. But again I am new to this so i could be wrong.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-19-2013, 10:39 PM)MaliciousVirus.EXE Wrote: sure ill attach it. To me it looks like its a small resolution picture stretched accross my 1920 x 1080 screen. But again I am new to this so i could be wrong.

You're forcing a 4:3 image into 16:9 to start with (despite being fully letterboxed, RE4 lacks true widescreen support.. this was all just a tactic to reduce rendering on the system). There should be a wide screen hack available for it though to make it true 16:9.

The general fuzziness is either due to rendering at a low resolution or some sort of full screen filter that some PS2 games have, I unfortunately don't have the game handy to test (in a box somewhere Tongue2)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-19-2013, 10:43 PM)Koji Wrote: You're forcing a 4:3 image into 16:9 to start with (despite being fully letterboxed, RE4 lacks true widescreen support.. this was all just a tactic to reduce rendering on the system). There should be a wide screen hack available for it though to make it true 16:9.

The general fuzziness is either due to rendering at a low resolution or some sort of full screen filter that some PS2 games have, I unfortunately don't have the game handy to test (in a box somewhere Tongue2)
how do i turn on the hack?
After a little research I learned how to add widescreen patches but I didnt see a RE4 one in the archive maybe im looking in the wrong spot :/

also changed my PS2 bios settings to widescreen not sure if that would have helped
(07-20-2013, 03:30 AM)MaliciousVirus.EXE Wrote: After a little research I learned how to add widescreen patches but I didnt see a RE4 one in the archive maybe im looking in the wrong spot :/

also changed my PS2 bios settings to widescreen not sure if that would have helped

select widescreen (16:9) in emulaion settings-Gs window also
yes there is no widescreen patch for this game
but u can request devina40 to make one in chatterbox section
"Pcsx2 - widescreen Game Patches" Thread Smile
(07-19-2013, 10:43 PM)Koji Wrote: You're forcing a 4:3 image into 16:9 to start with (despite being fully letterboxed, RE4 lacks true widescreen support.. this was all just a tactic to reduce rendering on the system). There should be a wide screen hack available for it though to make it true 16:9.

Resident Evil 4 does support widescreen TVs, I have the game so I know what I'm talking about. TS, go to options menu and turn on Widescreen support. It is the Gamecube's version of RE4 that doesn't support widescreen mode, and I don't think it was done to reduce load on the system, it's just that this game is more playable in widescreen mode, having higher horizontal FOV, due to camera placement. For example the PC version of RE5 supports 4:3 monitors but it's inconvenient since Chris takes up almost the whole screen. For this reason I had been playing this game in 16:9 mode with letterboxes.

Regarding TS's problem, PS2 version of the game misses a lot of effects in hardware mode (fog, lighting, etc.), it almost looks like a PC version without the patch, which added many previously cut effects. So your only options are either to play this game in software mode, or to buy PC or GameCube versions (or PS3 or Xbox 360).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)