Help with Soulcalibur 3 configuration
Hi,

I need help with configuring Soulcalibur 3 with the GSdx graphics plugin.

I am using GSdx 891, with a C2D T5600 1.86Ghz, 3Gb ram, and ATi Mobility Radeon X1400.

The intro showing Namco's logo and stuff works, but after reaching the Soulcalibur 3 splash screen and pressing start, the menus run at <1fps. Is there some way to configure pcsx2 so that that doesn't happen? With ZeroGS there is no problem, menus run at 15+ fps and is decently smooth, but I heard ZeroGS wasn't being updated anymore and that GSdx is the most updated plugin.

Thanks for any help.

I'm using svn rev658, the beta posted in the forum.

Sponsored links

Hi szh Smile

Soul Calibur 3 is still one the games that are not yet emulated correctly, it has a lot of graphical glitches ingame, and runs slowly whatever the rig.

In addition, in order to play correctly, your CPU frequency is very low which is a bottleneck for this game, and for many others. I guess it's a portable you have isn't it ?

For your rig, i can only recommend you to try playing with native resolution in gdsx configuration. Try EE/IOP X2 speed hacks in advanced options, and check Denormals are Zero to see if you have a small improvement but don't expect any miracles it won't be very playable. It seems that ZeroGS makes it run better than GSdx, i'm also waiting for a GSdx update or a new PP beta to make it playable. I hope i will be able to play it soon, so wait and see Wink
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Yeah, I'm playing on a laptop. I just thought it would be some kind of GSdx problem since the menus run at <1fps, whereas it runs at "expected" speed in ZeroGS.

Yeah, I'm not expecting this to hit 60fps on my rig anytime soon, lol.

Thanks for your help.
i have a pants laptop... very low spec for this type of thing : -

pentium dual core t2330 1.60ghz
2gb ram

i can get good speeds but i get artifacts here and there..... thats the price you pay...... i might try soul calibur 3 for a bit of a laugh..... i didn't think i could get this emu working at all to be honest but i am enjoying some good titles at good speeds/graphics etc.