Help with Speed Issues on PCSX2 0.9.8?
So I'm just gonna copy and paste what I put on Yahoo Answers

I have a pretty high-end PC, granted my graphics card sucks, but I can do alot of CPU intensive things relatively quickly. I do have DX11 support which is what I use. I'm wondering why I can't run games in my system because it does have a good amount of RAM and a high-end CPU. Please don't give me answers like "close background programs" or "get a better computer". I'm looking for a way to configure it because it really should be running smoothly considering the PS2's specs.
And yes, I've tried setting the system priority, and I run on the Windows Classic theme (by choice)
My System's Specs:
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E5800 @3.2ghz per core
RAM: 4 gigs of RAM (3.87 usable)
GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset (which sucks, I know) w/ Approx. Total Memory at 1759 mb (dxdiag) has DirectDraw, Direct3D, and AGP Texture Acceleration
running newest pcsx2 (r4600)
Here's some pics of my settings: http://imgur.com/a/puahG#0
PS, I've tried the legacy and non-legacy settings on VU, and SpeedHacks which didn't help at all
I also boot from my DVD drive because I play via the original PS2 games (I have alot Tongue)
I will grateful for anyone who can help me! I'd recommend checking back since I will answer questions in the Additional Details Section =)
Thanks in advanced,
Mike

Some additional details: Games I've tried to run (that I do in fact own and I am running via DVD)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses - Extremely slow on cutscenes
Jak and Daxter 1: Slow in general
Max Payne: Slow during gameplay
Extermination: works great with some minor slowdowns

I'd like to be able to speed up games like Duelists of the Roses and Jak and Daxter because I'd love to record with them (I don't own a capture card) and Max Payne because the Windows version doesn't like my PC (I believe it's an x64 to x86 issue). Also, I don't always have my PS2 with me. I am on a desktop, any additional details you may require, feel free to ask away. PS, I'm a noob at PS2 emulation and the PS2 is one of my favourite consoles. I have no real need for a capture card either, it's not like I'll be doing anything else besides a couple of PS2 games for the sheer fact that a majority of my channel is PC gaming.

So once again, thank you very much in advanced
~Mike

Sponsored links

Simple, you're bottlenecked by your weak GPU...

You should consider getting a discrete graphics card...

And you shouldn't compare emulation with native PC games...
You need a Better PC espcially the Graphics Card, as said above by Archerko.

Still, you can try playing with the settings:-
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks : All the Reccomended ones and EE Cyclerate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
  • Use Native Resolution
  • Use Frameskip : 1 to draw and 2 to skip. or maybe higher
  • Try Allow 8-bit Texture
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important

And any reason to use the Old GSDX. Use the latest from the SVN. Intel Cards are bad for PCSX2, even for modern Games. You need a High-Mid Range Graphics Card to Play any Modern Game or PCSX2 at playable speeds.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Quote:I have a pretty high-end PC
Quote:Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E5800 @3.2ghz per core
GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset
Laugh
Quote: Please don't give me answers like "close background programs" or "get a better computer"
okay, we won't tell you since you don't seem to be ready to hear it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I don't have alot of money and I'm not even sure if this desktop will accept a dedicated haven't opened the side yet though, I'll have a look later). What graphics card would you guys recommend? Is there one that I can get for 60$ and under?

@jesalvein: I know my GPU sucks xD But besides that, pretty high end imo. The processor's great so idk why you guys are complaining about that =P
Look for the Nvdia Geforce GTX 440. Its lowest Price is $57 (varies by vendors). Lower than your budget. It may be around 100$ by some vendors.

Or Else get some Low-Mid End GPU say, 9000 Series Geforce.
Would that be good for games like Left 4 Dead and Portal 2? I know my weak GPU sucks for those (Left 4 Dead 2 being the one that runs best on modern Source, HL2 and Portal 1 run okay). Also, how about GTA 4? I know, I'm asking alot of questions but I just wanna be sure before I go buying; also I hear alot about Nvidia's overheating.
Yes It would run perfectly fine. Just check the prices. It varies.
The processor's great... 4 years ago or so. Now it's just lower mid end stuff at best.
(07-19-2012, 06:15 PM)MrMiketheirpper Wrote: @jesalvein: I know my GPU sucks xD But besides that, pretty high end imo. The processor's great so idk why you guys are complaining about that =P

Sry, kiddo, but you need to learn the difference between "good" & "high end".
Yes, your cpu is good, and it was High end 2 years ago.

According to Moore's law, your cpu cannot be high end.

Still, many games (including pcsx2) benefit today of more than 2 cores.
See the specs in my sig ?
They aren't considered high end either.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go