Help with cheatengine...
Hi guys recently i had downloaded cheat engine for making cheats for pcsx2 but how can i make cheats for any game.i m a newbie so tell me step by step.

Sponsored links

(01-27-2013, 03:44 PM)kratos16feb Wrote: Hi guys recently i had downloaded cheat engine for making cheats for pcsx2 but how can i make cheats for any game.i m a newbie so tell me step by step.

Hmmm, step by step on using cheat engine is maybe better on their forums.

Some basics can be advanced though.

First, the most common usage is looking for some value you know and you can control how it changes.

Let's take a scenery you know the amount of money you have at a barter screen:

Open PCSX2 process in the cheat engine and enter the amount of money (make sure it is not in hexadecimal, or convert it to hexa before using, will make no difference).

make sure 4 bytes is used in this case and then click the "First scan" button. this will bring all addresses having equal value, probably not many or maybe a lot.

Then sell or buy something, the amount will change. input that new value into the "value" field at cheat engine and click "next scan". Is important you don't click first scan once again. So cheat engine will verify only on those addresses which had the initial value and changed exactly to the new value... Not many, almost surely.

At this point you may have one only address or few. If not unique, buy something again and input the new value and click "next scan".

Once you get it right you'll have an one only address you can change the value in memory:

convert the desired value to hex and right click the address and chose the option to change the value.

Good luck, Cheat engine has many more options and is beyond the scope of this forum to cover all of it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Just run the tutorial.exe found in Cheat Engine directory and pass it once or twice as you need it's as step by step as it could be. Just passing first few steps of this tutorial will make you able to create simple cheats for ps2 games easily, you don't need to learn about pointers nor other advanced stuff as that'll be useless in emulated games anyway.

Just make note, many games(both ps2 and pc ones) store values like hp/mana/energy etc. as FLOAT not 4 Bytes and things like inventory items are stored commonly as 1 or 2 bytes, soo never really limit yourself to 32 bit values(4 bytes) couse that'll often lead to nothing(through sure, money is most of the time stored like that).