Help with cheats - Persona 3
Well, I moved it there and that seemed to work; thank you very kindly.

For future reference, what does this mean precisely? I had a separate PCSx2 folder; was that not where the real PCSX2 was, or where the real PCSX2 that I was using was searching, or searching for cheats? What's the deal here?

Sponsored links

actually, pcsx2 stores your settings, memcards, savestates, etc... in my documents by default.
if you use the portable version (if you create a blank "portable.ini" file i pcsx2 folder), everything will be stored in pcsx2 folder
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
On a sidenote... we really need a different system for folder management in future stable releases if that's possible. The amount of confusion with the two folder locations seems to be one of the most common causes for a majority of issues like these. (Not to mention people being unable to find their emulogs and stuff too because of checking in the wrong folder).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(12-25-2016, 01:37 AM)Ryudo Wrote: On a sidenote... we really need a different system for folder management in future stable releases if that's possible. The amount of confusion with the two folder locations seems to be one of the most common causes for a majority of issues like these. (Not to mention people being unable to find their emulogs and stuff too because of checking in the wrong folder).
I asked about having the install folder/cheats folder removed before v1.4.0 was released when they made the RC, but sadly the others didn't think it was worth the effort. I've had it removed since though.

And you can open the correct log folder from PCSX2 by going to Config > Plugin/BIOS Selector(you wouldn't think to look there by name) > Folders tab, and clicking on "Open in Explorer" at Logs/Dumps.