Help with cheats/patches folder
(10-28-2013, 01:10 AM)petrock123 Wrote: Sorry for posting so many times in a row, I'm playing as I'm doing this. This is kind of off topic, but the frameskip seems to be really off, either the whole screen freezes at the moment I press and I have to enable and disable it a few times for things to go to normal. Or, it goes at double speed, but one of the frames is always off (it plays what's supposed to happen on frame, that alternates to some frozen frame, then plays what's supposed to happen, then alternates to that frozen frame. This frozen frame changes every now and then). Frameskip seems to affect audio normally though. This problem only seemed to come up after I downloaded this emulator, so is this emulator in particular worse at frameskip? Are there more settings in this version that I forgot to change? (I used default for the most part, except maybe 1 setting) What should frameskip normally be, because I altered it and tried to change it back to no avail.

You're not supposed to be using frameskip in the first place, it usually breaks more things than intended.

Sponsored links

OK thanks. Wasn't sure, because frameskip/turbo or whatever looked like it was working ok.
Frameskip is different than turbo.

Turbo uncaps the emulators speed(by default sets it at 200%) and uses more of your computers resources to emulate at that speed. Think of it as fast forward. Everything is still being drawn, but much faster.

Frameskip is goofy. Because of the way the PS2 is it's really hard to skip frames at all. And when you turn it on, more often than not strange stuff will happen. Don't use it except as a last resort.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Alright, thanks for explaining that to me. It's very possible that I was altering frame skip, thinking that was making me go faster, opposed to turbo.