Help with config settings!
I'm kind of new to this whole thing, so I'll start off by saying that if you think that "I should be able to figure it out" or "that's so simple" then please realize that I wouldn't be asking if I thought that way so just don't answer if you can't genuinely help.

Pheww ... Now that that's out of the way, I'm having some frame rate issues (games are running a little laggy), but that I can live with. It's more the slowed down sound that is annoying me, if anyone can give me brutally specific configuration settings by which to fix this that would be much appreciated.

BTW My computer specs:

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.66GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Any response is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

To try to fix the FPS and sound together:

Config->Emulation Settings ->Speedhacks

Enable MTVU. Try that. If still not fixed try EE cycle rate hack at 2.

To fix sound independent of FPS:

Config->Audio->Plugin settings

Set async mix instead of time stretch.

Edit: BTW nobody is really a butthead around here and would have told you those things you were worried about being told Wink We tend to keep a lid on the buttheads.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
use 'async mix' in sychronisation section of spu2-x configuration instead of 'timestretch'.

oops! lost to blyss Tongue2
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Lately people has jumping on the last resources first solution methods, it seems.

May have relation with Groo's logic: If something is at the last place we seek them, why not seeking at the last place first then? Smile

Edit: Potentially game breaking methods, or issues introducing methods (based on accepted compromises) should be attempted only after every the potentially less harmful methods did not resolve the problem. For now try Bliss advices first (till the part messing with the sound, it's very sensitive matter, although the option is there for a reason and good one), they should be enough depending on the actual games you are trying to play.

Besides, know that some games may need specific setup/hacks to play well enough and some may not play nicely at all does not matter the machine power. You should really tell the game you are trying to play to get more specific advices beyond: try different positions on the EE cyclerate and VU Cycle stealing gauges avoiding pass the center point if at all possible, first and foremost.

Edit: About the sound, the advice to try not using it unless becoming strictly necessary is due it's normally not necessary to most games and the timestretch grants better sync at most situations.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-15-2014, 06:23 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: To try to fix the FPS and sound together:

Config->Emulation Settings ->Speedhacks

Enable MTVU. Try that. If still not fixed try EE cycle rate hack at 2.

To fix sound independent of FPS:

Config->Audio->Plugin settings

Set async mix instead of time stretch.

Edit: BTW nobody is really a butthead around here and would have told you those things you were worried about being told Wink We tend to keep a lid on the buttheads.

Everything works perfectly now! Thanks so much for the help and quick response! And its good to know that if I every have another question I can leave the preface out. Nice that there are still some mature people on the internet lol.

(03-15-2014, 02:23 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Lately people has jumping on the last resources first solution methods, it seems.

May have relation with Groo's logic: If something is at the last place we seek them, why not seeking at the last place first then? Smile

Edit: Potentially game breaking methods, or issues introducing methods (based on accepted compromises) should be attempted only after every the potentially less harmful methods did not resolve the problem. For now try Bliss advices first (till the part messing with the sound, it's very sensitive matter, although the option is there for a reason and good one), they should be enough depending on the actual games you are trying to play.

Besides, know that some games may need specific setup/hacks to play well enough and some may not play nicely at all does not matter the machine power. You should really tell the game you are trying to play to get more specific advices beyond: try different positions on the EE cyclerate and VU Cycle stealing gauges avoiding pass the center point if at all possible, first and foremost.

Edit: About the sound, the advice to try not using it unless becoming strictly necessary is due it's normally not necessary to most games and the timestretch grants better sync at most situations.

Both of the games I tried had the same sound issue (may have just been a coincedence lol) but just so you know, they were Simpsons Hit and Run, and Ultimate Spiderman.

Thanks for all the help guys!