Help with configuring for my system?
(09-11-2014, 06:00 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Another guy recently actually had more luck with 3 than 2.
Really? Good to know. When i heard that MGSV was coming out for pc (And was actually lead developed for PC) it kind of gave me an urge to play the Metal gear games again. I havnt played them since i was really young so the stories went completely over my head.

TBH im 21 now and i still think the stories will go over my head but meh, that's metal gear Tongue Im really excited to play both 2 and 3 again but i was worried about 3's performance.

Sponsored links

(09-11-2014, 05:29 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: (whereas increasing internal DOES)

This is off topic, but how does that work?
Because the main GS emulation thread runs on the CPU, whereas MSAA is a fully GPU operation.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-03-2014, 04:26 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Because the main GS emulation thread runs on the CPU, whereas MSAA is a fully GPU operation.

Yeah, I know that. I was interested in the actual details. It seems odd, but then again I'm no expert on how the ps2 works, and I know very little of the internal workings of pcsx2.
I don't know this game personally but is advisable trying a bit of speedhack. VU Cycle stealing at 1 and/or EE Cycle rate at 1 might operate miracles without introducing easily perceivable collateral effects. Still I don't have this game and can't test it, just worthy trying.

MTVU could help as well distributing somehow the load for a few more modules/cores.
Imagination is where we are truly real
put vu to 2 & see it's work or not!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(10-03-2014, 05:16 AM)dogen Wrote: Yeah, I know that. I was interested in the actual details. It seems odd, but then again I'm no expert on how the ps2 works, and I know very little of the internal workings of pcsx2.

Well, I can't give you too many details. I only know really from experience. But since the GS thread runs on the CPU, increasing resolution increases the precision with which the GS has to be emulated, even before translating the code to DirectX and rendering.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD