Help with game history.
I recently used a cheat from a pnach, and decided I didn't want to use it anymore because it basically made the game boring. So I turned it off. Though every time I run the game, start a new game or anything the cheat is always on. I've made a new pnach without the code entirely, I've started a new game, I've made a new ISO, I've deleted the saves from the memcard with MyMC. Nothing works. My question is, how on earth do I completely wipe out all history of this game from PSX2 so this code will be gone? I'd hate to have to reinstall everything and lose everything just because of one code... Any help would be great. Smile

Edit: Full uninstall/reinstall didn't help either. :/

Sponsored links

1.Turn off the cheats from System Menu before starting the game
2.Start the game and start a new game(donĀ“t load a save state)

It depend on the game and what cheats you used.
Final Fantasy XII, it was the cheat that makes the action bar always full. Kinda breaks the game, lol. That and for some reason everything is hitting me for 9,999. o_O I'll try that though.

Edit: Just turns cheats off. I mean yeah, it gets rid of the cheat, but also all of my others. I just want that specific cheat gone. I suppose I'll have to play it legit, or not at all sadly. -.-'
Some cheats may work fine,other may also work the way you want but also to add negative effect.
You have to find which cheat is really responsible for your problems and then disable it.
I know the one causing the issue, it's been deactivated, and completely removed from the pnach, but still persists to be activated. Somehow PSX2 is remembering what cheats have been used. I've even tried clearing the pnach, and only using one simple code for Gil, and it's still activated. So is Max HP/MP (wasn't in the pnach) on a new game. After I uninstalled PSX2 and reinstalled it's still there, lol. Cheats need a history dump option, or if there is one I haven't found it yet. For example, it's saying Cheats Loaded 80. I only have about 5 or 6 in the pnach. o_O
Try the following steps.
1. Disable cheats.
2. Save to the memory card not to the Savestates.
3. Restart pcsx2.
4. Load from the memory card.

Also, post the cheats what you want to reset.
(12-20-2013, 02:14 PM)tadatada Wrote: Try the following steps.
1. Disable cheats.
2. Save to the memory card not to the Savestates.
3. Restart pcsx2.
4. Load from the memory card.

Also, post the cheats what you want to reset.

Tried that, I never use savestates to be honest.

Final Fantasy XII 0779FBDB NTSC-U
-Action bar always full
-Max HP

Only 2 codes really causing an issue. Game breakers really.

Edit: I fixed it. I deleted the pnach, and made a new one using Wordpad instead of Notepad. I don't know how that worked, but it did. I honestly didn't think which text editor used even mattered. Sorry for all of the confusion, but I really didn't think it would be as simple as using a different text editor. :x

Thanks for the suggestions.
(12-20-2013, 02:18 PM)Dead-Child Wrote: Tried that, I never use savestates to be honest.

OK.

(12-20-2013, 02:18 PM)Dead-Child Wrote: Final Fantasy XII 0779FBDB NTSC-U

-Action bar always full
-Max HP

Only 2 codes really causing an issue. Game breakers really.

I mean cheat codes like "patch=1,EE, ..." not the descriptions of the effects.
When you start the game,in the console you will see what codes are loaded,
If you see codes that don't exist in your pnach file,that means pcsx2 is loading cheats from somewhere else(not loading the pnach file you are editing)
Some cheats are persistent, so to turn those off you need to find the cheat code to turn those cheats off.