Help with getting a cheat to work (Valkyrie Profile 2)
so, i've looked around here a bit and found some codes that seem to work, and one that wants to overwrite the cheat protection stuff which sounds like overkill. i started with a max Oth cheat, which worked perfectly fine and i've had no issues. now i'm trying to do one for max crystals. tried one that activated upon viewing my menu, but it crashes. tried one that gave me a ton after battle, but it inadvertently also shot my levels up a lot, which i want to avoid. the primary one i'm trying to use is max crystals after replacing a Sealstone, which Vsub somehow got to work, according to an old post he made

i found the code in question from gamehacking, converted it to raw, and it loads into the emulator. but not wanting to properly activate. unless i need to restore it to a spring for it to work

Code:
patch=1,EE,8F8B84D7,extended,E031E591
patch=1,EE,C5B3F6B4,extended,74911C90

Sponsored links

Did you just re-encrypt your codes again or rather decrypted it to a wrong output? Your codes looks weird as in it was encrypted in certain code encryption. Also, like it or not you're gonna need the "turn off the cheat protection" codes anyway as the game will mark your "cheated" save once detected and the game will crash/freezes once you reached Chapter 5 which will risks you to starting the game over from scratch.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
i haven't re-encrypted them at all. pulled the original from gamehacking, which came out like this

Code:
D049A844 000000FF
2049A844 24030000

after running it in Omniconvert, the code in OP was what came out
(12-23-2022, 05:49 AM)zeromaveric Wrote: i haven't re-encrypted them at all. pulled the original from gamehacking, which came out like this

Code:
D049A844 000000FF
2049A844 24030000

after running it in Omniconvert, the code in OP was what came out

That code is already in it's decrypted form, no need to decrypt them again.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
thanks, dude. that got it working