Help with performance in Spy Fiction?
I can run the game fine up until the gameplay, but the moment I start actually playing the game it starts doing the same thing MGS3 does in software mode where the video and sound start "stuttering" and slowing down so that everything sounds like a robot talking. I've tried using the guides on the forum to set up my PCSX2 and updating to the latest r5326 build, but it still happens.

My hardware is:
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 570 1GB

I've also uploaded my PCSX2 .ini files in a rar. Can anybody help?

Attached Files
.rar   inis.rar (Size: 4 KB / Downloads: 128)

Sponsored links

Well looking at the ISO name in the Pcsx2.ini its clear you downloaded this game, and as such will receive no help
Look at the first Rule of the forum, no piracy allowed
Proof: CurrentIso=\\Users\\Horne\\Desktop\\Spy Fiction (USA).iso
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-10-2012, 02:49 AM)omnikam Wrote: Well looking at the ISO name in the Pcsx2.ini its clear you downloaded this game, and as such will receive no help

I don't see how the way I name my isos means anything, but ok.
(07-10-2012, 02:49 AM)omnikam Wrote: Well looking at the ISO name in the Pcsx2.ini its clear you downloaded this game, and as such will receive no help

OR maybe he legitimately has foreign ISOs (importing) and labels them out of OCD. I understand the 0 support for downloaded games, but sometimes it appears people do everything they can to label someone a pirate instead of offering help.

tl;dr consider the possibility its legitimate and stop witch hunting.

Back to actually helping, have you attempted any speedhacks to see if they help?
(07-10-2012, 04:02 AM)Amak Wrote: OR maybe he legitimately has foreign ISOs (importing) and labels them out of OCD. I understand the 0 support for downloaded games, but sometimes it appears people do everything they can to label someone a pirate instead of offering help.

tl;dr consider the possibility its legitimate and stop witch hunting.

Back to actually helping, have you attempted any speedhacks to see if they help?

I've tried messing with the speedhack settings, but none of them seem to fix the problem.

Edit: I was messing with something and it fixed, but I'm not exactly sure what did it. I guess I'll mess around in reverse and try to find out what did it.
Edit2: The problem was apparently related to the 8-bit textures option. Once I allowed 8-bit textures the game runs fine. Thanks for the help!
Huh, never knew it could actually do something this drastic... nice to know.
Ill call it as i see it, if im wrong then okay, but i don't think i am in this case Tongue
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-10-2012, 11:49 AM)omnikam Wrote: Ill call it as i see it, if im wrong then okay, but i don't think i am in this case Tongue

A title like that doesn't mean a whole lot, though. Some other ones, however, do.

Thread is done, OP got help and the witch hunt was unneeded.