Help with playing kingdom hearts 2 Final mix
(06-19-2011, 04:07 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: PCSX2 actually uses 2 cores, not 1.

actually, it uses 3, but thats besides the point, it only benefits the gui anyway.

Sponsored links

OMG I AM SUCH An IDIOT!
The reason it wasnt working is because I had a software called "Epu-4 engine" that reduced the power consumption of the CPU. It was on auto mode, but it didnt detect the PCSX2 software, so it stayed on energy saving mode, not high performance.
Once I changed it myself, the game works smoothly, with EEs of 60 percent!

Thanks guys anyways, sorry for wasting you time....but the help was appreciated, as the speedhacks have also helped me to play other games that are much harder to play.
(06-17-2011, 09:27 PM)johnny23 Wrote: Hi, I recently got my Kingdom hearts 2 final mix game disc and converted into an ISO so i could play on pcsx2. The problem is, it lags like hell during cutscenes and gameplay, and only works well on menus. Can anyone help me?
Here are my CPU, GPU and Memory specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8Ghz
Nvidia GTS 250 1gb
2GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

I'm having a similar problem the whole game lags like razy ven the menus
AMD athlon™64 X2 Dual Core processor 3800+ 2.01GHz 2 GB of ram
any help would be appreciated
Your processor is very slow, it's pretty normal.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
my problem is the game wont start i get to the point where its says sony computer entertainment and the screen goes black then its say pcsx2 has stoped working
(11-08-2011, 02:07 AM)vanitas234 Wrote: pcsx2 has stoped working

maybe you mount the game is incorrect...
shows us all your plug-in/bios settings

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
i need an iso for the game but i dont know where to get it or i need to upgrade my 9.6 pcsx
get the iso from your PS2's game disc and build your iso using Imgburn
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-08-2011, 05:13 AM)vanitas234 Wrote: i need an iso for the game but i dont know where to get it or i need to upgrade my 9.6 pcsx

You can run it straight off the disc with no crashes, but you'll get a lot of stops when it has to load again from the disk. You see the PS2 never stops spinning but your DVD drive in your pc does.

Anyway, when you make an ISO of it, just load the iso directly.

And you should be running the latest available release or even trying some of the pre-release betas. There's only a few situations where you should really be on an older release.

Truth of the matter is usually AMD have less clock per core, but then again it's still up to the user. One of the issues that AMD have is the lack of extended commands, SSE4.1 or whatever from intel has more speed because more commands can be processed natively rather than abstractly through cpu-heavy emulation.

Anyway i run 4.6ghz per core and 4 cores so i tend to generally be biased. I bought intel for two reasons. Price-OC performance, and PCSX2.

Anyway back to the iso: to load it into PCSX2 - make an image in .iso format to your HDD using one of the suggested ISO makers, then in PCSX2 click CDVD and then click ISO on the bottom three choices. Then go back to CDVD and click ISO Selector - Browse and click your iso that you made with the iso making software.

It's pretty straightforward right?

give it a shot and report back.
Quote:You can run it straight off the disc with no crashes, but you'll get a lot of stops when it has to load again from the disk. You see the PS2 never stops spinning but your DVD drive in your pc does.

except atapi does have coding available to stop the spin down.