Help with playing kingdom hearts 2 Final mix
Hi, I recently got my Kingdom hearts 2 final mix game disc and converted into an ISO so i could play on pcsx2. The problem is, it lags like hell during cutscenes and gameplay, and only works well on menus. Can anyone help me?
Here are my CPU, GPU and Memory specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8Ghz
Nvidia GTS 250 1gb
2GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

Sponsored links

What are the GS and EE percentages at the title bar reading?

If none of them are reaching 80-100%, try lowering your native resolution.

If your GS is reaching 80-100%, try ticking the "native resolution" option in the GSdx settings.

If your EE is reaching 80-100% (which I would bet would be the problem), try going into "config" and then "emulation settings", and try enabling some speedhacks using the presets slider at the bottom of the options.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(06-17-2011, 09:49 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: What are the GS and EE percentages at the title bar reading?

If none of them are reaching 80-100%, try lowering your native resolution.

If your GS is reaching 80-100%, try ticking the "native resolution" option in the GSdx settings.

If your EE is reaching 80-100% (which I would bet would be the problem), try going into "config" and then "emulation settings", and try enabling some speedhacks using the presets slider at the bottom of the options.

My GS is fine, but the EE is the problem. I tried all of the settings up until the end but i dont get more than 25fps in gameplay.....
that would be because any current amd processor is an underperforming paper weight.
@Squall Leonhart you do know that world doesn't end on ps2 emulation nor intel "buy me please" benchmarks?Tongue Oh whatever it just seems to be your character to see negative side of everything. Can't really heal that without never-ending therapy. On a side note even an intel lover(fanboy?) should never forgot that his brand new i90 would cost a fortune without amd.

@the topic: probably OC your athlon to around 3.5ghz would be enough to make it playable at most places, but you would surely need a new cooling, the original one would probably be loud as hell all of the time at such increase of power and not sure if it would be enough. Probably not worth the effort / eventual risks when you dunno what you're doing / for a Disney based game(aw damn it turns that I'm a hater too>.<).
(06-18-2011, 04:57 AM)miseru99 Wrote: @Squall Leonhart you do know that world doesn't end on ps2 emulation nor intel "buy me please" benchmarks?Tongue Oh whatever it just seems to be your character to see negative side of everything. Can't really heal that without never-ending therapy. On a side note even an intel lover(fanboy?) should never forgot that his brand new i90 would cost a fortune without amd.

@the topic: probably OC your athlon to around 3.5ghz would be enough to make it playable at most places, but you would surely need a new cooling, the original one would probably be loud as hell all of the time at such increase of power and not sure if it would be enough. Probably not worth the effort / eventual risks when you dunno what you're doing / for a Disney based game(aw damn it turns that I'm a hater too>.<).

darn right, my paperweight... i mean my regor 245 is enough for the games i have, gow2, mgs3, vp2,p3fes,p4, ffx and etc etc, but like u say a good OC helps more.

Let's not turn this into yet another AMD/Intel debate, there are enough of them on the forums. You also must forgive Squall, he regulars on forums where being vaguely abrasive is a means of fitting in.

Back to the point at hand: High EE percentage means that there is a lot of load on the CPU, I don't have the game myself so I can't give exact advice but general speed improvement tactics are as follows...

Make sure you're using the latest PCSX2 (0.9.8)
Try adjusting the speed hacks slider to a higher setting
Change clamping from 'normal' to 'none' (may break the game, again I don't have it so not sure)
Changing from microVU to SuperVU MAY offer a small speed boost (or could make it slightly slower, simply compare for yourself on that)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(06-18-2011, 06:21 PM)Koji Wrote: Let's not turn this into yet another AMD/Intel debate, there are enough of them on the forums. You also must forgive Squall, he regulars on forums where being vaguely abrasive is a means of fitting in.

Back to the point at hand: High EE percentage means that there is a lot of load on the CPU, I don't have the game myself so I can't give exact advice but general speed improvement tactics are as follows...

Make sure you're using the latest PCSX2 (0.9.8)
Try adjusting the speed hacks slider to a higher setting
Change clamping from 'normal' to 'none' (may break the game, again I don't have it so not sure)
Changing from microVU to SuperVU MAY offer a small speed boost (or could make it slightly slower, simply compare for yourself on that)

my bad, that wasnt my intention >_>, back to the topic; apart the speed hacks, he rly should try to oc the cpu, with that he can gain fps.
(06-19-2011, 04:03 AM)ecchiless Wrote: my bad, that wasnt my intention >_>, back to the topic; apart the speed hacks, he rly should try to oc the cpu, with that he can gain fps.

damn, the only i can play properly is by overclocking? Well im not gonna do that, since the cooling is standard...since the psx2 emulator only uses one core, i can see why it doesnt work well -_-.

Software mode actually reduced the EE percentage substantially, but in turn the GS went up so that caused it to lag.

I guess im gonna have to leave it, the only reason that im trying it on pc is because when i bought the game it was in japanese, and i didnt understand, so by making an iso and then using an english patch that someone made, i was hoping i would know what to do...

The speedhacks do increase the speed slightly, but not enough. Its funny how my mates old pentium 4 4.2ghz can play this game better....

Thanks for the advice anyway Smile
(06-19-2011, 01:50 PM)johnny23 Wrote: since the psx2 emulator only uses one core, i can see why it doesnt work well -_-.

PCSX2 actually uses 2 cores, not 1.

(06-19-2011, 01:50 PM)johnny23 Wrote: Software mode actually reduced the EE percentage substantially, but in turn the GS went up so that caused it to lag.

That's because your CPU's software rendering is the bottleneck. Most likely, you're running at a lower FPS, making it seem like EE is actually performing better when it is not. Besides, you're not going to increase the FPS on software mode without upgrading or OC'ing.

Just thought I'd clarify, good luck.

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...