Help with .pnach file?
Sad 
I have been looking everywhere for a .pnach file or codes for one for Suikoden V (CRC: E857CCF8) but it seems that there's nothing on the web.Closedeyes
Does somebody has the .pnach file for that game? One with an exp multiplier on it? I just hate having high-leveled characters and other that don't even reach a 20+ level.
Thanks in advance, and sorry for the trouble.

Sponsored links

Here's a site where you can draw cheats you may want from, all you gotta do is turn them into .pnach files.
http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/view/5567/

How to turn the codes into a .pnach file/format, use a normal/regular text document.

When you make the patch (patches are what its called for the code inside the text document you are using), to make your .pnach file, you should use omniconverter or PCSX2CE (You cna find these two programs from here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...tches-here

Read what this guy has to offer first though as the cheats you might be looking for may already be posted, just click on the "S" link he's provided in his post to get the the S section of his post faster to find Suikoden V.

If you really need to make codes for Suikoden V, do the following.

1. Take the code you want to use that you can find from http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/view/5567/
2. Copy the code you want to convert to a .pnach format, and paste it into either omniconvert or PCSX2CE
3. The codes you find on that site need to be converted to Raw, to do this, there are options at the top of omniconvert, select Input and select Codebreaker V1 if it isn't already.
4. For the option Output on onmiconvert select Standard Raw.
5. Now, on the empty page on the left side of omniconvert paste the code you found from the site.
6. Click Convert at the bottom.
7. Now, copy the code that comes out on the right side, and open up your text document, and paste it.
(Note: Look here for how to structure your .pnach files as they are more informative than I am.)
8. Codes you put into the text document should look somewhat like this (See example below)

Example:
comment=Patches Developed By Trueshothaze
//Al Bhed Translated
patch=1,EE,20319FF0,extended,03FFFFFF

9. The 2 in my example (20319FF0) is ranged from 0,1, and 2. Something better explained here if you have the patience to read it all http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-pnach-files-work
10. To make your .pnach file when you are finished, highlight File at the top of your text document, and click "Save As"
11. Change the "Save as Type" from "Text Documents" to "All Files".
12. Now, name the file the CRC you found "E857CCF8" If you do not do this then the cheats will not work.
13. Make sure to add the ".pnach" to the name. (it should read "E857CCF8.pnach")
14. Now you're basically done, all you need to do is put it into your cheats folder you can find from Programs list in your Local C:// and you're done.

EDIT: Please re-read from 9. I accidentally posted the wrong link, the link I just replaced is now the correct one that explains .pnach files better than me.
System:
Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Rating: 5.9
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS
Mhh, thanks for trying to help, but none of the codes worked, and i tried them all.
The console says the codes were loaded but there's nothing changes inside the game.
I'm still trying to find that exp multiplier code... damn this is frustrating...
Anyway, thanks for helping out a little bit. Now i only need the specific code to make the exp goes up faster. If you happen to know how to create it, i would appreciate it, thanks in advance.
(08-17-2012, 02:49 AM)labseeker Wrote: Mhh, thanks for trying to help, but none of the codes worked, and i tried them all.
The console says the codes were loaded but there's nothing changes inside the game.
I'm still trying to find that exp multiplier code... damn this is frustrating...
Anyway, thanks for helping out a little bit. Now i only need the specific code to make the exp goes up faster. If you happen to know how to create it, i would appreciate it, thanks in advance.

This should work. (Don't know if this is what you mean by XP Multiplier)
Quote:comment=Patches Developed By Trueshothaze
//Max XP
patch=1,EE,D0A0E40E,extended,002003E7
patch=1,EE,10A0E40E,extended,000003E7

Just open up a text document, Save As Type should be All Files, name it the CRC.pnach and put the file you just made inside the cheats folder.

(Be sure to Enable Cheats, close out the PCSX2 programs, and then restart the PCSX2 program to make sure the Log that pops up says that the cheats were found).
System:
If you want to adjust the XP of characters or whatever in a way that it doesn't take cheats since you can't find the one you're looking for, then might I suggest using Cheat Engine?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cheating-the-easy-way

This guy can explain it better than me but, basically, to use Cheat Engine click on the Computer icon up at the top, select the PCSX2.exe program while you're running your game and then to change the XP of a character, jsut type in that characters XP in where it says "Value", because the thing you're trying to change is called the Value. Once you've typed in the Value "XP" of that character, click First Scan which is right above where you typed in the thing you're searching for.
Then, it will pull up a list to the left full of addresses, if there are more than one (which likely there are to be several addresses that pop up with the same Value you had previously typed into your search during your first scan), then do whatever it is you need to do in-game that gives your character XP (such as winning a battle I assume? idk I've never played this game so idk how the XP system works), and then once the character gains some XP from your battle, type in the new XP into the same Value search area replacing the last Value you searched, and then click on "Next Scan", once you do this you should notice that the number of Addresses in the list has been narrowed down.

If there are still more than one Address with the same XP Value then do the process again by gaining more XP in your game through another battle and type in the new XP and hit "Next Scan" again. Just do this until you find the address or find some addresses that have been narrowed down by the list.

Double click on the address in the list, and that address should appear at the bottom. Double click on the Value on the list at the bottom to adjust the Value (XP) to whatever you wish it to be. (Literally, double click on the Value to bring it up otherwise you might be bringing up the description or bytes for you to edit/change instead of changing the value).

Believe me, once you get used to using Cheat Engine you'll find it to be quite easy to tinker around with a few thing's.
System:
(08-17-2012, 03:44 AM)trueshothaze Wrote: If you want to adjust the XP of characters or whatever in a way that it doesn't take cheats since you can't find the one you're looking for, then might I suggest using Cheat Engine?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cheating-the-easy-way

This guy can explain it better than me but, basically, to use Cheat Engine click on the Computer icon up at the top, select the PCSX2.exe program while you're running your game and then to change the XP of a character, jsut type in that characters XP in where it says "Value", because the thing you're trying to change is called the Value. Once you've typed in the Value "XP" of that character, click First Scan which is right above where you typed in the thing you're searching for.
Then, it will pull up a list to the left full of addresses, if there are more than one (which likely there are to be several addresses that pop up with the same Value you had previously typed into your search during your first scan), then do whatever it is you need to do in-game that gives your character XP (such as winning a battle I assume? idk I've never played this game so idk how the XP system works), and then once the character gains some XP from your battle, type in the new XP into the same Value search area replacing the last Value you searched, and then click on "Next Scan", once you do this you should notice that the number of Addresses in the list has been narrowed down.

If there are still more than one Address with the same XP Value then do the process again by gaining more XP in your game through another battle and type in the new XP and hit "Next Scan" again. Just do this until you find the address or find some addresses that have been narrowed down by the list.

Double click on the address in the list, and that address should appear at the bottom. Double click on the Value on the list at the bottom to adjust the Value (XP) to whatever you wish it to be. (Literally, double click on the Value to bring it up otherwise you might be bringing up the description or bytes for you to edit/change instead of changing the value).

Believe me, once you get used to using Cheat Engine you'll find it to be quite easy to tinker around with a few thing's.

Didn't work at all, as i expected, there's just something that im doing wrong... Here's the data.

Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59,94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_540.87;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_540.87;1) Game CRC = 0xE857CCF8, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_540.87;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
Cheats found!
comment: Patches Developed By Trueshothaze
Cheats Loaded: 2
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50,00 fps

Anyway, i tried with cheat engine too, no luck. Maybe im too stupid to actually understand what is going on? lol. Thanks anyway, i really appreciate it.
Do you have like an Action Replay or Gameshark or any form of game cheats discs at home? Like me I still have Gameshark, and if I wanted to I could just turn it into an ISO format and use the cheats that way.

So if you still have anything like that, you could just use the cheats you're looking for that way. All you gotta do, is load up your cheat game ISO first, select the cheats you want, and then when it tells you to insert your game disk and press (x) or whatever it is to continue to play your game with the cheats you selected, change the ISO to your game, and then click (x) to play your game with the cheats you selected from Gameshark/Codebreaker/ActionReplay etc.

I believe this should work.
System:
(08-17-2012, 10:10 PM)trueshothaze Wrote: Do you have like an Action Replay or Gameshark or any form of game cheats discs at home? Like me I still have Gameshark, and if I wanted to I could just turn it into an ISO format and use the cheats that way.

So if you still have anything like that, you could just use the cheats you're looking for that way. All you gotta do, is load up your cheat game ISO first, select the cheats you want, and then when it tells you to insert your game disk and press (x) or whatever it is to continue to play your game with the cheats you selected, change the ISO to your game, and then click (x) to play your game with the cheats you selected from Gameshark/Codebreaker/ActionReplay etc.

I believe this should work.

I already tried with the a gameshark disc, didn't work either. I'm going to try with action replays.... Thanks again, if you find a solution, or someone that could have one, please tell me about it. Laugh
No problem, but I'm all out of ideas lol

EDIT: Also, just to note what I was told. Recently I had some problems trying to get a code to work (that I thought wasn't working when it actually was) so Is at here racking my brain for literally a whole day trying to figure out coding and pnach and cheat engine stuff.

When I discovered that the cheat really was working, all I did was talk to an Al Bhed (in FFX) and it showed that I had it all completely translated. But for some reason it did not show all of the Al Bhed Primers in my key items list when I checked. I don't know why, but it just didn't, and thats why I was confused and racked my brain for a whole day trying to figure out why a code wasn't working when it actually was working.

So, chances are, your cheats in the pnach file could in fact be working but it just doesn't display it when you check it, you may actually have to do something to merely notice that it is.

So I don't know if you're having the same visual confirmation problems that I was having or not, cause literally, I felt really really dumb sitting here on the forums complaining that a pnach wasn't working when it really was. lol
System:
You two problem is simple;p, codes you used were for NTSC-U version, and your game is PAL, here's a pnach with all PAL codes for this game I could find:

.pnach   E857CCF8.pnach (Size: 2,7 KB / Downloads: 1.610)
To disable codes you don't want, edit the file and add "//" before their "patch=" lines.

Good luck with them, the site they were on posted they're for PAL-E version and the only PAL version is actually PAL-M5 at least by game database, soo not 100% that they'll work, but quite probably will seeing there's only one PAL version.