Help with running Duelists of the Roses on low end PC
Hey guys! Newbie here.

First off I want to say that PCSX2 is an amazing program and I can't thank the creators enough for pouring their soul into making this for people like me.

Now onto my dilemma...

One of my favorite games of all time is an old PS2 game called Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses. By far one of my favorite games that I poured hundreds upon hundreds of hours into back in the day. Nowadays I no longer have the PS2 I loved so dearly and with this program I saw a glimmer of hope in playing it again. Problem is, it barely works.

The game constantly stutters between slowing down and going extremely fast on PCSX2. The music jumps in the same way but in more extreme levels. The game suffers some hefty graphical glitches that I seem incapable of fixing and I didn't know what to do. I looked up and eventually learned that my processor is simply not good enough for this type of game. I then attempted to see if there was some way I could edit the PCSX2 options so I could play it without needing a more powerful processor, this site has something similar but... I am quite stupid when it comes to technical jargon and the like and couldn't understand any of it.

These are my PC specs: 

Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics , 3.20 GHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 970
RAM: 8.00 GB
System: 64 Bit Operating System, x64-based Processor
PCSX2 version: Current
Game: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

I'm beyond poor and can't afford a new, more powerful processor, so if that is my only option then that's it for me. I guess my major question is, am I beyond hope here? I've been fighting this uphill battle for about a month and I am close to just giving up. If there is a way to fix my issue I would appreciate any input, but please tell me if there really is no solution so that I can just stop trying. No point in trying if the fix is impossible for me, ya know?

Anyways, thank you for reading! Any answer of any kind is appreciated.

Sponsored links

Quote:Nowadays I no longer have the PS2 I loved so dearly
sorry, but no one will help you because of this.

Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go