Help with settings!
Hi, I just downloaded PCSX2 with no problems. I have played NFS Most Wanted with fps ranging between 39-60. But when I played Scarface it would just drop all the way down below 20fps then crash. Could someone please help me with the recommended settings!
My specs:
Cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 965
RAM: 8Gb
GPU: GTX 670
Thanks Smile

Sponsored links

Use the MTVU hack and all recommended speedhacks, and of course the highest supported GSdx, run the game from an ISO image instead of disc, always use fast boot, experiment with different EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing levels. The compatibility list reports Scarface (NTSC) as being 'Ingame' only, but was last tested on 0.9.9. If this is still the case then there's nothing you can do apart from play the game on your PS2 until there's a fix for it.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
Scarface is Ingame only i have tested on pcsx2 1.0.0 r5350
Thank you guys
I have noticed that memory usage goes up like crazy when trying Scarface. It would go up to around 3.7 - 3.9 Gb and soon PCSX2 would crash. The game plays at decent FPS before it crashes and looks good (no obvious graphical glitches) but it only lasts a short time.

Any ideas why it hogs memory? When playing other PCSX2 games, mem usage stays around 1.5 - 1.7 Gb

The screenshot displays Task manager stats. You can see the 4 attempts to run Scarface take a toll on memory but CPU usage is below 100%
The CPU is the i5 3570K (stock), memory total is 8Gb.

[Image: scarface_pcsx2.png]
GSdx memory leaks.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks for explaining/confiming.

Since Scarface is a bitchy game to run on anything that isn't XP with Dx9c, i was hoping to use PCSX2. Someday maybe.
thanks for giving these posts